The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

I applied for medicine at Birmingham and Biomed as a backup, I got my biomed offer todayy:biggrin:
If one were to get 4 rejections for med and still had 1 biomed offer, if that last offer was declined, would the candidate be eligible for clearing?
I guess some people might consider going into a biomed focussed career if they don't get into med the first time? It would make sense not to close the door right at the start in case you change your mind later down the line, despite the chance being low? Otherwise, if you find yourself changing your mind after 4 med rejections, you'll be forced to take a gap year and apply for the next cycle even if you wanted to do biomed?
Fair enough, I think you're right in that if someone was determined to go into med, taking a gap year would be much better than the biomed gem route.
The ucas head in our school forced med applicants to have biomed as one of their options now that I think of it and your point about making the school look bad makes a lot of sense.
has anyone ever gotten into birmingham medicine with an sjt band 4 just wondering
I have full points for birmingham but since I'm not contextual, the max I have is 8. Will I be fine?
NB. My UCAT is 2990 B1
Original post by Haluro
has anyone ever gotten into birmingham medicine with an sjt band 4 just wondering

SAME i really wanna know cause im scared about my band 4 ????
Original post by medbae
I have full points for birmingham but since I'm not contextual, the max I have is 8. Will I be fine?
NB. My UCAT is 2990 B1

yes. You scored the maximum possible so I'm sure you'll be fine
Why does Birmingham offer 4 and 5 years for pharmacy. What’s the difference?
Original post by Student5cience

The difference is that one of them has an extra year of learning, but im not quite sure
Original post by Student5cience

You are in the medicine thread here, so not likely to find people with a lot of knowledge about Pharmacy, I’m afraid!
Original post by Haluro
I found out that A2B students get a invitations to an interview regardless of there score.:biggrin:

Really?
Original post by Haluro
I found out that A2B students get a invitations to an interview regardless of there score.:biggrin:

what is A2B? I hope you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Haluro

source?

Ha! Reminds me of the fiasco with the TSR thread google search. Ganfyd linking to google searches not webpages is how we'll learn.
Original post by GuessName
Ha! Reminds me of the fiasco with the TSR thread google search. Ganfyd linking to google searches not webpages is how we'll learn.

i think i would learn better if it was bing
Original post by taxonomy.

That would probably take you to Access 2 Aston not Birmingham lol
Original post by taxonomy.

https://www.ecosia.org/search?q=a2b+medicine

There we go, plant a tree as you go :smile:
do we know if interview information has been published for this year - like interview format and whether it will be online or in person?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending