DadofMedic?
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
KMMS give an application deadline of 15th Oct on their website, so any applications received after this time would be considered late and I have never known a late application be considered, unfortunately.
You can change a choice for 14 days on UCAS, but if the new course has the early deadline, the application will not be considered, only if you change it to one with a Jan deadline
You can't change it on UCAS anymore this option disappeared when the deadline passed - only option is withdraw from the choice.
libbyb2
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
There's no need to call, it's 100% late application.

The 2 weeks time to change is a UCAS thing, so you can change it on UCAS but it doesn't mean the med schools / Oxbridge will let you.

It's not a loophole so you can apply on 15th October and have until 29th to change, otherwise everyone would do that. If you applied on or before 1st October you'd have 2 weeks, otherwise you'd have until 6pm 15th to change regardless of when you originally applied.

P.S. if you are 100% going to be rejected from the prev med school, you have nothing to lose. Otherwise don't change it because there's no way the new med school will consider you, nearly a week after the deadline.
Thanks for your response!
I know it'll be a late application, however I heard that if you call and ask if your application will be considered, there is still a chance?
The other med school may turn out fine, but I know I definitely stand a better chance with this one, that's all.
libbyb2
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
KMMS give an application deadline of 15th Oct on their website, so any applications received after this time would be considered late and I have never known a late application be considered, unfortunately.
You can change a choice for 14 days on UCAS, but if the new course has the early deadline, the application will not be considered, only if you change it to one with a Jan deadline
okay, I had no idea late ones were never considered! I'll just have to hope I get an interview w the other one haha. thanks!
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by libbyb2)
Thanks for your response!
I know it'll be a late application, however I heard that if you call and ask if your application will be considered, there is still a chance?
The other med school may turn out fine, but I know I definitely stand a better chance with this one, that's all.
No, not really. The job for med admissions at this stage is to whittle down the number of people for interviews.

Sadly, they can't make an exception otherwise everyone will be doing the same!
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by libbyb2)
okay, I had no idea late ones were never considered! I'll just have to hope I get an interview w the other one haha. thanks!
Good luck 🤞
saharali005
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know when they sent out interviews last year?
Makee2992
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by saharali005)
Does anyone know when they sent out interviews last year?
KMMS website says "KMMS will make offer decisions in batches, from January-March." so most likely interviews will be between End of November till early March.

Edit; from their website "Stage 3 (All groups) Shortlisted applicants are invited via their Kent Vision account to book into an available appointment for multistation mini interviews in December and January."
Last edited by Makee2992; 1 month ago
saharali005
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Makee2992)
KMMS website says "KMMS will make offer decisions in batches, from January-March." so most likely interviews will be between End of November till early March.

Edit; from their website "Stage 3 (All groups) Shortlisted applicants are invited via their Kent Vision account to book into an available appointment for multistation mini interviews in December and January."
thank youuu
studentLuna
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to send a message through KentVision?
I replied to a message a week ago and would like some more information but this is what it states 'If you have omitted any details and wish to make any changes, please contact us via KentVision'. However, I can't find anywhere to actually message the admission team through the portal. I have emailed them directly last week but haven't heard anything back.
Àníké
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to send a message through KentVision?
I replied to a message a week ago and would like some more information but this is what it states 'If you have omitted any details and wish to make any changes, please contact us via KentVision'. However, I can't find anywhere to actually message the admission team through the portal. I have emailed them directly last week but haven't heard anything back.
Try communication and documents , then click Intray. You should find an option to message there.
studentLuna
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Àníké)
Try communication and documents , then click Intray. You should find an option to message there.
Thank you for responding however I’m still unable to find an option to send messages. I am able to receive and filter through my messages only.
DadofMedic?
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
Thank you for responding however I’m still unable to find an option to send messages. I am able to receive and filter through my messages only.
There have been issues with Kentvision - email them.
studentLuna
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DadofMedic?)
There have been issues with Kentvision - email them.
Ah. Thank you for letting me know!
Makee2992
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just a warning for some of you to check Kent vision regularly, if you have not uploaded your results yet. My friend just had a request for transcripts with a 2 day deadline.
Chironn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Makee2992)
Just a warning for some of you to check Kent vision regularly, if you have not uploaded your results yet. My friend just had a request for transcripts with a 2 day deadline.
This is actual ******** because I only realised my application was acknowledged a few days ago- when i logged in the only request i could see was the one about the extenuating circumstances one. After seeing your post, i logged in again and still didnt find a request for a transcript, but then started looking into the site and found this

I dont even have my certificate, just my transcript so i sent it off and added a comment about not being informed at all via email or intray about this request. Hopefully theyll still consider my application
Attached files
Last edited by Chironn; 1 month ago
saharali005
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chironn)
This is actual ******** because I only realised my application was acknowledged a few days ago- when i logged in the only request i could see was the one about the extenuating circumstances one. After seeing your post, i logged in again and still didnt find a request for a transcript, but then started looking into the site and found this

I dont even have my certificate, just my transcript so i sent it off and added a comment about not being informed at all via email or intray about this request. Hopefully theyll still consider my application
How did you find this?
Chironn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by saharali005)
How did you find this?
It wasn’t in the intray, you have to go to -my application, -view and then you’d see the request
yaspsa
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys, I missed the KMMS open day so it gave me an option to book an open day through KentVision for late November, but I think that is for the other courses, as it is Grimond building? Is anyone planning to go to it?
mwong625
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yaspsa)
Hi guys, I missed the KMMS open day so it gave me an option to book an open day through KentVision for late November, but I think that is for the other courses, as it is Grimond building? Is anyone planning to go to it?
I think the KMMS open day for 2022 entry is over. The one you saw on the portal is probably for other courses. If you go to the Canterbury Campus Open Day page you can see a form asking about subjects that you are interested in and BMBS is not included.

FYI the link: https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/study-h...UaAglbEALw_wcB
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
anyone else struggling to log in to the evision portal? it says page not found for me and i have to fill in a fees form, did they say anything about the website being down or anything?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.87%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.09%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.61%
Finding the motivation (22)
23.91%
Getting distracted (14)
15.22%
Procrastination (37)
40.22%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.09%

Watched Threads