The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ahws2022
!!LINGUISTS LINGUISTS LINGUISTS!!
Are there any more of you? I never see anyone and I’ve been here since October/November. Show yourselves and I may reward you with a linguist llama meme. That sounds so threatening. I’m sorry.

Rundown:
Subjects: A Level German, Sociology & Politics
Unis: Cambridge, Edinburgh, UCL, York and Bangor (last two gave offers already, still waiting for the others, applied in October)
Subject: I applied for economics. Joking. Linguistics, I don’t understand numbers. Why not anything else? Linguistics makes me happy like nothing else.
Other notes: I started a conlang today instead of doing my homework.

Hi there,

Congratulations on receiving an offer from Bangor University - that's great news :smile:

Keep an eye out for an invitation to our Offer Holder Days - it's a great way to find out more about your subject and Bangor its self.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Wonkagenius
How did you hear back in june?!! Isnt that so late! What course did you apply to then?

Typically Scotland unis give out offers very late edinburgh often also give out offers very late
Original post by Wonkagenius
How did you hear back in june?!! Isnt that so late! What course did you apply to then?

Scottish unis can take quite a while, esp if you’re applying from England apparently? But I applied for Modern History
Has anyone received an astrophysics offer?
Reply 1924
Original post by Anonymous
Where do I find this information? That’s very unfair. Where are home students suppose to study? There should be be certain number of places for home students only!

Original post by Chipmunks
It is..more so for home students as the last admissions report showed only 11% home students and 89% international students. I am really sorry abt your KCL decision.

hey i was randomly going thru some stuff and i think i found where this is said.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/university-college-london-university-of-london-u80/courses/management-science-bsc-hons-2022-ebc78aa48ec6
(edited 2 years ago)
I hear. The fm course I’m doing is not from school, it’s an online course. So it’s usually based on the a levels you’ve achieved then?

I’m not sure how it will work with your course, but for mine it was dependant on seeing certificates.
I guess they will see your incomplete course and let you know what you need to do if anything.
Original post by PhysicsG
Has anyone received an astrophysics offer?

I applied for physics but I still haven’t received anything 😭
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi there,

Congratulations on receiving an offer from Bangor University - that's great news :smile:

Keep an eye out for an invitation to our Offer Holder Days - it's a great way to find out more about your subject and Bangor its self.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna

Thank you! I got a letter and an email in December but I don’t think I’ll be able to go to the visit day :frown: it’s a little bit too far to me to visit for the minute but there’s a chance I might do!
Has anyone received an offer for biomed at UCL?
Original post by NerdAlert45

not yet :frown: when did u apply?
Thank you! I got a letter and an email in December but I don’t think I’ll be able to go to the visit day :frown: it’s a little bit too far to me to visit for the minute but there’s a chance I might do!

Don't worry at all - we also have a Virtual Offer Holder Day, the details of which should be on the booking form :smile:
So there's still opportunities for you to chat with staff even if you can't make it to Bangor.

Anna
Original post by franklyfruity
hi everyone!! don’t think i ever introduced myself on this thread but i have been lurking quite a bit haha. i got an offer today from UCL to study history and politics of the americas with a year abroad, and i could not be happier!!!

to answer the usual questions i’ve seen in the past here, i’m a home applicant (scotland) and i applied on oct 12th. the terms of the conditional are AAB (please keep in mind that this is for my advanced higher qualifications, which are graded entirely differently to A levels!)

i’m yet to come across anyone wanting to do hispol of the americas - let me know if you’ve applied for the same course! and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back :smile:

I got an offer for History and Politics of the Americas with a Year Abroad today!
Original post by abbieroyle
Has anyone else not gotten an acknowledgment email of sorts from UCL. I sent my application on the 17th Jan and not had a single email from them. I know they send you some sort of portal tracker so I’m kinda getting a bit worried

Give it time, it will come
has anyone applied for pharmacy?
no nothing yet /:
Original post by NerdAlert45

no nothing yet /:

Yes this is it!
received an offer for BASc arts and sciences earlier! has anyone else applied for it? :smile:
Are you a linguist as well? It's a long wait, I applied in October and it's scary.

Hahaha yes, I turned the anonymous post thing off. I applied then as well I’m bricking it.
Is there a way to ask when a department will make offers? I don't think the PALS dept has made a single offer, and the wait is tantalising. Obviously, it's way better to have a late acceptance than an early rejection, but the radio silence is scary :frown:

couldn't agree more! good luck !!

Latest

Trending

Trending