The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
have you done the interview? is so how did it go what did they ask?

So I had an interview in December. It wasn't amazing but they did put me on hold. Honestly there is no consistency at all between interviewers. In mine I was asked to do no calculation work and was asked a lot of practical questions about why this happens or what would happen in this scenario. My friend however spent a lot of time on calculations and a few personal statement questions. So I am not really sure what advice I can give you. Sorry
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Bath, Southampton, Imperial and UCL MechEng. Got an offer from Southampton and waiting on the rest. Imperial will tell me on Thursday if I can do the AMAT so I am terrified waiting 😂😫

Hi @anonymous #78,
Congratulations on your offer from Southampton! That is amazing news!
Universities have until the 19th May to accept and reject all applications, so some universities may take considerably longer than others to get back to you, just so you are aware!
Let us know if you have any questions!

Carina :smile: - University of Southampton Ambassador
(Student Children's Nurse)
anyone heard anything for Economics and Politics
Has anyone got an aero offer?
Reply 1184
Bath, Southampton, Imperial and UCL MechEng. Got an offer from Southampton and waiting on the rest. Imperial will tell me on Thursday if I can do the AMAT so I am terrified waiting 😂😫

Hello, I have also applied for mech eng at UCL and Warwick and rest of my choices are aero. Wanna ask if you think an aero eng personal statement would be sufficient enough for mechanical course? Even if you say in it that you’d like to pursue aero engineering?
It's quite scary. My daughter just got rejected for Econ (4 years) from Manchester saying her PS wasn't strong enough. She is predicted A*A*A in Maths_Econ/Spanish with an A* in EPQ. Manchester was her insurance as its AAA. She's a state school girl, comp, top of her cohort. She's now very worried about other 4
So I had an interview in December. It wasn't amazing but they did put me on hold. Honestly there is no consistency at all between interviewers. In mine I was asked to do no calculation work and was asked a lot of practical questions about why this happens or what would happen in this scenario. My friend however spent a lot of time on calculations and a few personal statement questions. So I am not really sure what advice I can give you. Sorry

Thanks for the info it helps me a lot. What did they specifically ask you ,if you don’t mind me asking ,in terms of the scenarios and practical questions. Also who was your interviewer?

nothing for me and ive been on hold for about 10 weeks now
I got an offer for Economics.

For A levels I study Maths, Econ and Physics.
Predicted: A* A* A

Still waiting for politics
Still waiting for politics

I’m still on hold for Social policy and politics and I haven’t heard of anyone getting an offer for politics so far, I think they’re being quite slow with it :frown:
Original post by bgrg051
I got an offer for Economics.

For A levels I study Maths, Econ and Physics.
Predicted: A* A* A

Hey, I applied for a similar course. Would it be possible to know when you applied and your achieved GCSE grades too?
Original post by Cesrab60
It's quite scary. My daughter just got rejected for Econ (4 years) from Manchester saying her PS wasn't strong enough. She is predicted A*A*A in Maths_Econ/Spanish with an A* in EPQ. Manchester was her insurance as its AAA. She's a state school girl, comp, top of her cohort. She's now very worried about other 4

Hope Bristol comes through for her!
Does anyone know when the batches of law offers seen to start coming out. It seems very rare for someone to have gotten a law offer at the moment
Original post by Declannewtonn
Does anyone know when the batches of law offers seen to start coming out. It seems very rare for someone to have gotten a law offer at the moment

i got one about half an hour ago, so i’m going to guess now!
Original post by luketyler
i got one about half an hour ago, so i’m going to guess now!

Was you on hold
Was you on hold

no I wasn’t :smile:
How long did everyone wait on hold for?

been on hold since start of december for EEE
Original post by MackayS11287
been on hold since start of december for EEE

same for econ and management
Original post by luketyler
no I wasn’t :smile:

🎉🎉 When did you apply and mind sharing your grades please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending