The Student Room Group

Not applying to all 5 universities at once, can the application be modified

So if I apply to Oxford by 15th October and then 4 more universities before 15th Jan, does the same application that I sent to Oxford have to go to the other 4 universities or can I change it? Specifically, can the personal statement be changed, and the predicted grades?
Original post by An ony mous
So if I apply to Oxford by 15th October and then 4 more universities before 15th Jan, does the same application that I sent to Oxford have to go to the other 4 universities or can I change it? Specifically, can the personal statement be changed, and the predicted grades?

If you add choices to ucas track then your application will be sent to them as it was originally submitted. You can’t amend your ps or reference after sending it to ucas.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you add choices to ucas track then your application will be sent to them as it was originally submitted. You can’t amend your ps or reference after sending it to ucas.

Thank you for clarifying that!!

The only uni I know of that has the facility to send a substitute personal statement is Durham

https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/writing-a-personal-statement/
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
The only uni I know of that has the facility to send a substitute personal statement is Durham

https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/writing-a-personal-statement/

Ohh I did not know that, thank you! I’m applying to related courses though (physics, physics with astrophysics, astrophysics) and the website explicitly states that a substitute ps can be submitted “if the Durham course you’re applying to is very different to the one in your UCAS personal statement. For example, if you applied to four Chemistry courses but you also applied to our Natural Sciences course (even including Chemistry, but with other subjects too), or perhaps you have applied to Medicine at four other universities but chose Anthropology as your fifth choice with us.”
Reply 5
Original post by PQ

Btw can the PS or predicted grades be changed during ucas extra or ucas adjustment?
Ohh I did not know that, thank you! I’m applying to related courses though (physics, physics with astrophysics, astrophysics) and the website explicitly states that a substitute ps can be submitted “if the Durham course you’re applying to is very different to the one in your UCAS personal statement. For example, if you applied to four Chemistry courses but you also applied to our Natural Sciences course (even including Chemistry, but with other subjects too), or perhaps you have applied to Medicine at four other universities but chose Anthropology as your fifth choice with us.”

If you're applying to related courses there is not really the need for a new personal statement
Btw can the PS or predicted grades be changed during ucas extra or ucas adjustment?

No

You cannot amend your PS or reference after sending your application to UCAS
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
No

You cannot amend your PS or reference after sending your application to UCAS

Alright, thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending