The Student Room Group

want to apply uni

Hi i want to apply for universities in Uk can you please suggest me how to appy
Reply 1
Original post by prashanthcheerla
Hi i want to apply for universities in Uk can you please suggest me how to appy

The UK university application process is done through a platform called UCAS. You’ll need to make a UCAS account/profile and go from there. UCAS is very easy to use and it tells you what all you need to do once you’ve created your account.
Original post by km003
The UK university application process is done through a platform called UCAS. You’ll need to make a UCAS account/profile and go from there. UCAS is very easy to use and it tells you what all you need to do once you’ve created your account.

Thanks km003 for the info i have created an UCAS account but facing trouble in contact with agent.Can you please help me
I am afraid i will give different answer than any others in this forum, First, ask yourselves which course or program you really love and want to learn? second, once you decided, check this course's ranking among the university. usually you can get a university list among the program you wish to learn. the website like QS or US news, Princeton review will have this kind of university ranking list. then check these university one by one and contact with their admission in text or by phone. but i will be honestly with your, considering you are international student who need pay more fees than native student. if you are going to a British University, i suggest you only choose "Russel Group“ university. otherwise you can also choose university from US or ANZEC. I saw you have created your UCAS account but you don't know what is the next step, i suggest have some patient and read the every detail of UK tier 4 visa application process very careful before you make next step. asking admission team about applying visa ask me if you have other question
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by prashanthcheerla
Thanks km003 for the info i have created an UCAS account but facing trouble in contact with agent.Can you please help me

After creating your UCAS account, you'll need to link your account with your school and select 5 universities to apply to. It's important to do plenty of research to decide which unis those will be, and for what course. It's advisable to apply to one 'target' uni (a grade above your predicted/achieved grades), two 'reach' unis (at your grade level) and two 'safe' unis (a grade below yours). This will ensure you have the best chance of receiving offers back. The deadlines for 2024 entry (I'm assuming you mean that) will be published by UCAS (if they haven't already).

Which course do you want to apply for? We can advise you better then :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
You should not only look at Russell Group Universities because you are missing 3 Universities commonly ranked in the top 10 such as St Andrews, Bath and Loughborough these are top quality UK universities and their is no reason to exclude them
Original post by Jester Zhang
I am afraid i will give different answer than any others in this forum, First, ask yourselves which course or program you really love and want to learn? second, once you decided, check this course's ranking among the university. usually you can get a university list among the program you wish to learn. the website like QS or US news, Princeton review will have this kind of university ranking list. then check these university one by one and contact with their admission in text or by phone. but i will be honestly with your, considering you are international student who need pay more fees than native student. if you are going to a British University, i suggest you only choose "Russel Group“ university. otherwise you can also choose university from US or ANZEC. I saw you have created your UCAS account but you don't know what is the next step, i suggest have some patient and read the every detail of UK tier 4 visa application process very careful before you make next step. asking admission team about applying visa ask me if you have other question
Original post by Jester Zhang

RG universities dont mean they are better than elsewhere. Please ignore this advice. Apply to universities where the course really interests you and where you think you will be happiest. That applies to RG and non RG universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending