The Student Room Group

How long does it take for the money to come to ur bank account after approval?

I recently applied for a maintenance loan and it got approved a few days back. However, I have not heard back since and there is no email or any information on my sfe website about when I will get paid...

I was just wondering, how long does it take for the money to come to ur bank account after you have been told your loan is approved and I've given my bank details? Does it take a really long time?
Original post by cherryhitchkins
I recently applied for a maintenance loan and it got approved a few days back. However, I have not heard back since and there is no email or any information on my sfe website about when I will get paid...

I was just wondering, how long does it take for the money to come to ur bank account after you have been told your loan is approved and I've given my bank details? Does it take a really long time?

Hi @cherryhitchkins,

Hope you're doing well. If your maintanance loan has approved, you can go on to the SFE website and check there. You just need to login (the same details you used to create your application portal when applying online) and follow the link to your current application. From there, you can scroll down and see all the dates for your installments and how much you will be paid each time. You will also get a text message a day or two before an installment is paid into your account.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have anymore questions.

Faheema (Lancaster Student Ambassador for Psychology)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @cherryhitchkins,

Hope you're doing well. If your maintanance loan has approved, you can go on to the SFE website and check there. You just need to login (the same details you used to create your application portal when applying online) and follow the link to your current application. From there, you can scroll down and see all the dates for your installments and how much you will be paid each time. You will also get a text message a day or two before an installment is paid into your account.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have anymore questions.

Faheema (Lancaster Student Ambassador for Psychology)

oh okay tysm :smile:
I am currently in uni and I needed some loan to help with transport and things so I applied for a maintenance loan. it got approved like 3 days ago. I tried logging onto the sfe website and there is nothing under the new application I made and there is no application status, or when I will get paid which is why I am worrying a lot

Maybe because it's the weekend? I'm not sure.

You said I should get a text message before so its fine I guess but not really haha, let's just hope I receive the payments soon

Tysm once again
oh okay tysm :smile:
I am currently in uni and I needed some loan to help with transport and things so I applied for a maintenance loan. it got approved like 3 days ago. I tried logging onto the sfe website and there is nothing under the new application I made and there is no application status, or when I will get paid which is why I am worrying a lot

Maybe because it's the weekend? I'm not sure.

You said I should get a text message before so its fine I guess but not really haha, let's just hope I receive the payments soon

Tysm once again

Hi there,

Yes, our system doesn't update over the weekend, it updates on the next working day, which should be Monday.

However, if you still can't see any Maintenance Loan payments on Monday morning please let us know and we'll be able to help.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Yes, our system doesn't update over the weekend, it updates on the next working day, which should be Monday.

However, if you still can't see any Maintenance Loan payments on Monday morning please let us know and we'll be able to help.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

thank you so much :smile:
Roughly how many days after approval do you think it takes to get money into ur account?
thank you so much :smile:
Roughly how many days after approval do you think it takes to get money into ur account?

Hi cherryhitchkins,

Once your application is approved and payments are scheduled, your university can then send the confirmation of registration to release your payments to you. Once received on the system, this updates within 48 hours then up to 5 working days to arrive in your bank.

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi cherryhitchkins,

Once your application is approved and payments are scheduled, your university can then send the confirmation of registration to release your payments to you. Once received on the system, this updates within 48 hours then up to 5 working days to arrive in your bank.

Thanks, Clare

Oooh
Thank you :smile:
It honestly does depend what bank u r with but usually shouldn’t be more than 3- 5 days
Original post by ebyrne2036
It honestly does depend what bank u r with but usually shouldn’t be more than 3- 5 days

I’m just worried because I’ve been told I’m getting certain amount but on sfe website there is nothing

Nothing about when I’m getting paid or anything about my maintenance loan application 🥺
Oooh
Thank you :smile:

You're welcome, have a lovely day! :smile:
You're welcome, have a lovely day! :smile:

Sorry another question.
Say for example you are a student who gets a bursary. Do you get maintenance loan paid during the same time or is it like after all your bursary is paid to you, you get paid the maintenance loan? if that made sense
Sorry another question.
Say for example you are a student who gets a bursary. Do you get maintenance loan paid during the same time or is it like after all your bursary is paid to you, you get paid the maintenance loan? if that made sense

Hi cherryhitchkins,

That's likely to be different dates, as the bursary is provided by the university, not SFE. Your Maintenance Loan payments are scheduled in line with your 3 terms throughout the academic year.

Thanks, Clare
Hi cherryhitchkins,

That's likely to be different dates, as the bursary is provided by the university, not SFE. Your Maintenance Loan payments are scheduled in line with your 3 terms throughout the academic year.

Thanks, Clare

Oh okay thank you
I applied for maintainence loan like a month ago but I am currently in uni. The term dates have passed because my tuition fee was paid few days ago. Does this mean I won’t get my money until next term?
Oh okay thank you
I applied for maintainence loan like a month ago but I am currently in uni. The term dates have passed because my tuition fee was paid few days ago. Does this mean I won’t get my money until next term?

Hi cherryhitchkins,

No, once your application is approved and the university send the confirmation of registration through to us on our shared system, the backdated interim payment will schedule around 48 hours after that and up to 5 working days to arrive in your bank.

Thanks, Clare
Hi cherryhitchkins,

No, once your application is approved and the university send the confirmation of registration through to us on our shared system, the backdated interim payment will schedule around 48 hours after that and up to 5 working days to arrive in your bank.

Thanks, Clare

okay thank god haha
I will stop annoying you now. I know i asked silly questions :frown: sorry I am just worried
okay thank god haha
I will stop annoying you now. I know i asked silly questions :frown: sorry I am just worried

You are not asking silly questions at all, I am here to help you.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. :smile:
You are not asking silly questions at all, I am here to help you.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. :smile:

You too :smile:
You too :smile:

Any further questions at anytime then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending