The Student Room Group

UCLan A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Leaf.
What makes you think you messed up your application? Tbf I think after we all clicked submit we feel we could have done more lol

Have your started the form thing they sent? For some reason I don’t have the motivation to start it lol. Just a little annoyed that all other uni forms have been done long before and now we have do another

Anywaysss good luck!!

Not sure if international students receive a tss form because I never even received a confirmation/acknowledgement email after submitting my application (I emailed them about that and I’m waiting for a response). That does sound pretty annoying though I wonder why they sent the form so late.

Remember that this is probably the last extended personal statement form you have to fill out so try to push through it!! Good luck!!!
Reply 121
Original post by vaish20004
Idt any of the international students have received the tss form

Are you an international student as well? Did you receive a confirmation email with your application number and stuff because I never did
Original post by Nioo
Are you an international student as well? Did you receive a confirmation email with your application number and stuff because I never did

I am an international student and I did receive a confirmation email..with my reference number and stuff…I did email them about the updates on my application almost a week and a half ago but have not received any updates yet.

@UCLan Ambassador
Reply 123
Called them up and they said anyone who applied from Nov (onwards) will hear back after Jan 2022.
Original post by nhab
Called them up and they said anyone who applied from Nov (onwards) will hear back after Jan 2022.

Is this for international students or home?
Reply 125
Is this for international students or home?

I am international, but admissions said this is for all applicants who applied from Nov onwards
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by nhab
I am international, but admissions said this is for all applicants who applied from Nov onwards

If you apply after Oct 15th via UCAS, ie as a Home applicant, you will be automatically rejected, so it is internationals only 😊
Original post by nhab

Oh ok, btw did u receive the tss form that other people have received?
anyone sent their TSS form? sent mine today...I only included 3 transferable skills because I felt like I could get my point across better but now I’m thinking I waffled too much and the 3 skills don’t seem enough. Just wanted to get it over with before I forgot the deadline :/
Reply 129
Original post by samiii_00
anyone sent their TSS form? sent mine today...I only included 3 transferable skills because I felt like I could get my point across better but now I’m thinking I waffled too much and the 3 skills don’t seem enough. Just wanted to get it over with before I forgot the deadline :/

I sent mine this week :smile:. I didn't reach the max word limit and same it's too much stress. I could spend about another month or so perfecting it....but its just I feel like lets get on with this lol

did you receive a reply/acknowledgment? I didn't receive anything after sending it...
Original post by Leaf.
I sent mine this week :smile:. I didn't reach the max word limit and same it's too much stress. I could spend about another month or so perfecting it....but its just I feel like lets get on with this lol

did you receive a reply/acknowledgment? I didn't receive anything after sending it...

yeah I was dragging it, and kept stressing over trying to get it done so I decided to just send it off :/
No I haven’t get anything yet because I sent it off 10 minutes ago 😂
yeah I was dragging it, and kept stressing over trying to get it done so I decided to just send it off :/
No I haven’t get anything yet because I sent it off 10 minutes ago 😂

Hey, r u a home student?
Reply 132
Hey, r u a home student?

Pretty sure only home applicants got this form
Hey, r u a home student?

yup :smile:
yup :smile:

U dont have to answer this
But what work experince did you extract the transferable skills from
I'm only writing 3 as welll
One more question how many volunteering shadowing etc did u have
Are younguyz putting down anything which u lot have done online?
For example the BSMW Idk how to spell it
Original post by tecna
U dont have to answer this
But what work experince did you extract the transferable skills from
I'm only writing 3 as welll
One more question how many volunteering shadowing etc did u have
Are younguyz putting down anything which u lot have done online?
For example the BSMW Idk how to spell it

The work experience I mentioned on the tss form was completely different to ones I mentioned on my personal statement, in my pt it was a bunch of hospital shadowing but in all honesty I didn’t learn anything in my hospital work experiences , all i did was watch ppl to do their jobs. I did a lot of charity work in 3 diff organisations and mentioned them instead because I grew more as a person in those environments....which is ironic. although the hours were a lot less in charity organisations than my hospital shadowing, it worked out better when it came to writing the paragraph they wanted. I completed 300 ish hours
Did any international students recieve any new updates?
Reply 137
Did any international students recieve any new updates?

Nope
The work experience I mentioned on the tss form was completely different to ones I mentioned on my personal statement, in my pt it was a bunch of hospital shadowing but in all honesty I didn’t learn anything in my hospital work experiences , all i did was watch ppl to do their jobs. I did a lot of charity work in 3 diff organisations and mentioned them instead because I grew more as a person in those environments....which is ironic. although the hours were a lot less in charity organisations than my hospital shadowing, it worked out better when it came to writing the paragraph they wanted. I completed 300 ish hours

I'm starting chairty work this week. Do u think I should mention it
Original post by tecna
I'm starting chairty work this week. Do u think I should mention it

Mention an experience where u personally have learnt the most...if you have developed a skill from working in a charity organisation than by all include it. It doesn’t have to be charity work, it says in the text it could literally be helping ur neighbour, which relates to recognising and developing empathy skills 🤷🏻*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending