The Student Room Group

Civil Service fast stream 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dan1180
Hi All,

I have my AC, next week and trying to get some prep in.

As I’m reading through the FSAC Guide, on the written exercise section it says ‘’you will have 50 minutes to read some background information and then respond to the scenario”

Can I confirm if this 50 minutes is purely just for reading the information, and then another amount of time is given on top of that to write answer? Or is that 50 minutes for the whole written exercise and you have to read, prepare and write an answer in that time.

I’ve also heard that there is a template to use on this section? I would have assumed we’d just use a blank word document to write up our answer, is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

50 mins for read and answer

They give you a blank template with the questions and u answer in the boxes
Original post by lkate93
I also had mine on 30th November. I decided to try and forget about it for a short while, but I’ve now reverted back to obsessively checking my emails.

I agree that the wait is excessive, I understand and appreciate it’s a massive recruitment and huge congratulations to those who achieved great scores & heard back straight away. But it is a completely different experience for others - I’m currently on a fixed term EO contract which is due to end in June. This would be life changing for me (as I’m sure it would everyone else), and whilst I’ve continued to apply for other jobs, keep my options open etc. it is a hugely negative part of the experience waiting for months.

I’m completely in agreement that I’ve jumped through a lot of hoops to get to this stage - waiting to hear back from the AC. I agree with the “no news is good news” mindset, but it’s tough going waiting for months with nothing.

I see both sides of the argument. With Faststream, I got my offer two days later. Would I have hated having to wait longer-weeks and months? Possibly. But I also feel the longer you wait, the less intense the ‘anxiety’ becomes. This is commensurate to how I’m feeling about the results of the HEO exercise I also went for; did the interview last week of November and still waiting for the outcome. I think about it some days but I’m trying to take the wait in my stride. I don’t know if it’s easier as well because I already know I’m a Fast Streamer, or because no one else has heard back from the interviews, and I guess I’ll never know. My heart goes out to all those still waiting for their FSAC results and perhaps my other opinion is that they should just release results all at the same time(probably impractical) after the entire selection process. On a final note, does anyone know if any FS applicants have had a ‘No’ after the FSAC/FSB?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Dan1180
Hi All,

I have my AC, next week and trying to get some prep in.

As I’m reading through the FSAC Guide, on the written exercise section it says ‘’you will have 50 minutes to read some background information and then respond to the scenario”

Can I confirm if this 50 minutes is purely just for reading the information, and then another amount of time is given on top of that to write answer? Or is that 50 minutes for the whole written exercise and you have to read, prepare and write an answer in that time.

I’ve also heard that there is a template to use on this section? I would have assumed we’d just use a blank word document to write up our answer, is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

I’m not trying to be mean or anything like that but I do wonder why people come on here to ask these types of questions because really, the FSAC website gives answers to everything you need to know, and I don’t know if it’s a comprehension issue, in which case you’re better off sending an email to the FSAC team rather than asking strangers on the internet who may or may not remember accurately. My biggest advice for anyone still going for the FSAC Is to treat the FSAC preparation information/videos on the ACTUAL FSAC website as your Bible until you do the AC. Good luck.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by THawk
Hi, thanks for the reply! I must have not looked far back enough!! I only just did my AC yesterday for HR, so I hope it doesn't work against me! 😬

I’m definitely sure it doesn’t work like that. As lots of other people (some with inside knowledge) have said, only those that score close to their chosen scheme’s pass ceiling hear back pretty quickly. Majority go into the amber band until the end of the process when final pass marks are set. So it doesn’t matter if you did your AC on the first or last day. Good luck.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Booknerd2021
Hi everyone! Found out today I passed my assessment centre for project delivery (there seem to be lots of us for project delivery, doesn't there!?:biggrin:) with a score of 11.81. I did my assessment centre yesterday morning :smile:

Congratulations, wow that was quick. Good luck on Final selection.
I just found that I passed my assessment centre with a 10.63 score. Had my AC yesterday morning ( 20/01/2022). I can still see science and engineering, operations research streams in my account. So I assume I passed for both.
Hello!

Does anybody have any information about the Government Statistical Service scheme as I can't see much about it in this thread!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 3047
Original post by Abujaffar
Big congrats to you as well! Really thought you were excellent in the group task. Good luck with the FSB!

Thank you!! Keep us updated on your results!
Original post by Uncleanslim
I had my AC for GSR on 9th November. Dying to know the result as I've spent the last 5 weeks feverishly checking my spam folder just in case several times a day.

Pretty sure no one from the GSR scheme has heard back yet? Correct me if I’m wrong. Guessing they’re still setting the marks for this scheme.
Did my AC on the 30th Nov, just heard back today & gutted but was unsuccessful (for Generalist) incase it's helpful at all am attaching my scores
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Original post by rainbow48
Hello!

Does anybody have any information about the Government Statistical Service scheme as I can't see much about it in this thread!

Thank you :smile:

Hi!

I just found out today that I passed for the GSS scheme, and have an FSB! I did my FSAC on the 13th of December if that helps :smile: Got a score of 10.58
Original post by shaftesburyave13
Did my AC on the 30th Nov, just heard back today & gutted but was unsuccessful (for Generalist) incase it's helpful at all am attaching my scores
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Thank you for sharing, to get so far for Generalist is already a huge achievement. Its sad they made you wait so long though.

I wish you all the best!
Original post by Duffy97
Had my final selection board today!

Some quite tricky questions that defiantly put you on the spot. I think out of the 15 I had a pretty decent response for 13 of them 😅.

Got to wait between now and the end of March for the results. Fingers crossed it’s sooner rather than later !

Well done! Do you have any advice on preparing?
Original post by Lucy_critch
Hi!

I just found out today that I passed for the GSS scheme, and have an FSB! I did my FSAC on the 13th of December if that helps :smile: Got a score of 10.58

Heya, thank you for replying and congratulations!!
I did my FSAC on Wednesday and they said it could take up until the end of February for results. You must be so pleased though and wishing you all the luck in the world for the FSB, only one more step to go! :biggrin:
@shaftesburyave13 , so you auto failed the making effective decisions category for scoring less than 2 however they still made you wait almost 2 months to find out. I do not understand this process at all.
PD pass mark has been raised I got rejected although I am still in the running for other schemes.
Did my FSB for Project Delivery this morning.They said it could be April before I hear anything as PD is so popular and they are interviewing all the way to the end of March!
Original post by Lucy_critch
Hi!

Congratulations on passing! I had my AC on the same day for the same scheme and I haven’t heard back yet. I’m glad I’m seeing more candidates for GSS since I haven’t seen many on here 😅
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Harrietrcoombs
I’ve been offered a place on the Project Delivery scheme 😊

Congratulations! Do you have any tips on preparing for the FSB?
Reply 3059
Hey :smile: been a bit of a lurker in here but adding my score to the ring.
Just found out I passed FSAC for GSS (Score: 10.53), did my FSAC 16th December.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending