The Student Room Group

Civil Service fast stream 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laya_
Has anyone who did an AC received a result back yet? On their website it states pass marks aim to be set by end of February, but last year people started hearing back a lot earlier

Hey, I haven't yet. What was your first preference?
Original post by Laya_
My first preference is Project Delivery, what's yours?

Oh cool, I've not heard of any PD offers yet. Mines Generalist. Had my AC a couple of weeks ago now
Original post by JG20201
Oh cool, I've not heard of any PD offers yet. Mines Generalist. Had my AC a couple of weeks ago now

Oh okay, mine was a few weeks ago too. I have heard of a few people who have received offers for Generalist. Hopefully yours comes through soon!
Original post by Laya_
Oh okay, mine was a few weeks ago too. I have heard of a few people who have received offers for Generalist. Hopefully yours comes through soon!

Thank you! Good luck to you too. Do you know what kind of scores the Generalist offers received?
Original post by Laya_
Has anyone who did an AC received a result back yet? On their website it states pass marks aim to be set by end of February, but last year people started hearing back a lot earlier

I did mine last Wednesday, and haven’t heard back yet. My assessor confirmed amber banding as being the reason for a very long wait for some - so hopefully as more people complete their AC, the pass mark will go down (it’s set high in the first instance) and more people should start hearing back.

I saw you say you’ve heard that a few people have received offers for Generalist. How long after their AC did they wait to hear?
Original post by maybehistory
I did mine last Wednesday, and haven’t heard back yet. My assessor confirmed amber banding as being the reason for a very long wait for some - so hopefully as more people complete their AC, the pass mark will go down (it’s set high in the first instance) and more people should start hearing back.

I saw you say you’ve heard that a few people have received offers for Generalist. How long after their AC did they wait to hear?

Hey, did you also have Generalist as your first choice?
Original post by JG20201
Thank you! Good luck to you too. Do you know what kind of scores the Generalist offers received?

Thank you! & Unfortunately I don't know the scores they received
Original post by maybehistory

I think it was a week after their AC. I also heard the same - high scores hear pretty soon after alongside super low scores, And then amber banded people are in it for the long haul. Although I think it also depends on the scheme you choose, as they need quite a few people within your chosen scheme to undertake the AC to establish pass marks for it
Does anyone have advice on how to prepare for the AC, past going through the document they provide you outlining the tasks?
Reply 2009
Original post by christiang339
Has anyone applied for the HR stream as their first or any choice? Haven’t really seen anyone mention this in their choices so i’m just curious as this was my first :smile:

Yes I have. I am waiting to hear back from my VI. I did it on the 8th Nov and still have not heard anything :/
During the AC, it says we can make notes on paper during our prep time and use these in the exercise. Can we also make notes on a Word document on our computer and use these in the exercise?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sv98
Hey, I did the EDIP back in 2018 and for that part of the application I listed just the titles of the modules I had, including the ones for upcoming years, just by having a look on my course website and assuming which ones I'd pick. Hope that helps

I hope you don't mind me asking another question, but do you happen to remember the best way to answer the motivation questions? I'm overthinking everything and I don't seem to know the best way to go about them
Still waiting for VI results from November 17th… should I still not be worried??
Reply 2013
Original post by willisao
Still waiting for VI results from November 17th… should I still not be worried??

I did mine on November 12th and I'm also getting a bit edgy.
Original post by willisao

I'm still waiting for my results and I completed my VI on 4 November, so I wouldn't be too concerned. As previously mentioned, it can be a long process depending on schemes, scores etc.
Original post by SJ_xxx
During the AC, it says we can make notes on paper during our prep time and use these in the exercise. Can we also make notes on a Word document on our computer and use these in the exercise?

That's exactly what I did. Not that they would ever know anyway.
Civil service fast stream? More like civil service slow stream.
Has anyone had a rejection from the civil service assessment centre yet?Thanks
Original post by JG20201

Hi, do you have any tips and advice on AC, please? Thank you very much.
Hi all,I have tried to reschedule my AC and I have emailed the [email protected] but no reply as off yet……Does anyone know who to contact ..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending