The Student Room Group

Civil Service fast stream 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hi everyone. Great conversation here. It really helps reading the questions and answers on the page. Thank you for starting this thread. I have selected schemes like Diplomatic and Development which I came to realize is very competitive with only 5 slots. This is ridiculously few. How can I change my selected preferences. I am invited to the assessment and have 3 days to complete but I do not want to do the tests before I change my selected schemes. How can I can change? I could not see any option to change.
Original post by Mohhpa
Hi everyone. Great conversation here. It really helps reading the questions and answers on the page. Thank you for starting this thread. I have selected schemes like Diplomatic and Development which I came to realize is very competitive with only 5 slots. This is ridiculously few. How can I change my selected preferences. I am invited to the assessment and have 3 days to complete but I do not want to do the tests before I change my selected schemes. How can I can change? I could not see any option to change.

Unfortunately you can’t, I think it even warns you before you submit.
Video interview is still locked after 12+ hours... what does this mean?! D:
Original post by BrotherRabbit
Video interview is still locked after 12+ hours... what does this mean?! D:

I got above average and average on WBS and learning assessment last night and still locked out too... At least we're not alone but doesn't feel like a good sign 😭
Original post by Bgh1268
I got above average and average on WBS and learning assessment last night and still locked out too... At least we're not alone but doesn't feel like a good sign 😭

I had the same results! It's quite distracting just waiting for it to either say yes or no
I got scored average in the WBS now have to do the Learning Assessment and feel like if I don't get above average in that then I don't really stand a chance at unlocking the video interview! For those who have unlocked the video interview already, what scores did you get in WBS?
When I applied in 2019 it took 3 weeks for the video interview to unlock and then nearly a month for the results. Just bear in mind that the AC generally doesn’t start until December so the waits are going to start getting longer after the first few online tests.
Reply 107
To everyone worrying about not getting through to further stages straight away - last year the majority of applicants on here seemed to be amber banded and a lot got through still! There were only a few people I remember who were progressed straight away
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much! Remember that for the video interview someone from the CS actually has to go through and listen to/score your responses so it makes sense they would want to wait before setting a standard for how many people get through.
Wait until you see how long it can take for the AC results, sat mine mid Dec and didn’t get the result until Feb….
Original post by Seker
To everyone worrying about not getting through to further stages straight away - last year the majority of applicants on here seemed to be amber banded and a lot got through still! There were only a few people I remember who were progressed straight away

What do you mean by amber banded?
Reply 111
Original post by DMula5055
What do you mean by amber banded?

It’s basically where you are held if you haven’t scored high enough to progress straight away on the online tests/WBS. You are then compared to all the other applicants for this years intake and the band is slowly contracted depending on how others have done - if you’ve done similar or better than the majority of others you will likely get through, below the majority and you probably will get filtered out
Original post by Seker
It’s basically where you are held if you haven’t scored high enough to progress straight away on the online tests/WBS. You are then compared to all the other applicants for this years intake and the band is slowly contracted depending on how others have done - if you’ve done similar or better than the majority of others you will likely get through, below the majority and you probably will get filtered out

Ahh okay that makes sense thank you! Going to do my WBS today so hopefully I score at least above average.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but what's your main reason for applying for these Fast Stream graduate schemes?? I am about to apply but I'm just thinking is been few years since I graduated and what's the point? Are they aimed at people who want to be managers because that's not something I want to be?
Original post by Ash1234
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but what's your main reason for applying for these Fast Stream graduate schemes?? I am about to apply but I'm just thinking is been few years since I graduated and what's the point? Are they aimed at people who want to be managers because that's not something I want to be?

I’ve applied pretty much to start a solid career preferably in HR.
Because I didn’t study it and I don’t want to go back to university, this seems like the best route for me.
Reply 115
Hi everyone - is there anyone who has completed the SDIP this Summer and found out they have received the Fast Pass? I got the email today!
Hi guys,

I got the following results: WSQ1 mostly aligned, SJQ interpersonal high range (above average?), SJQ thinking average range, WSQ2 average. I still haven't unlocked work based scenarios and i was wondering if the stages remaining locked means that ive been unsuccessful or do i get an email stating that.
Reply 117
Original post by Aishacho
Hi guys,

I got the following results: WSQ1 mostly aligned, SJQ interpersonal high range (above average?), SJQ thinking average range, WSQ2 average. I still haven't unlocked work based scenarios and i was wondering if the stages remaining locked means that ive been unsuccessful or do i get an email stating that.

It means you’ve been amber banded and getting through will depend on how well others in this intake have done for your chosen streams. So you’re very much still in the running!

Won’t find out till end of October most likely
(edited 2 years ago)
Ah Thank you!! Hopefully I get through to the next stage 🤞🏼
Original post by ray300193
Pretty much the same as last year. Just give it your best shot.

I've applied for Diplomatic & Development, Project Delivery, Finance, Generalist in that order.

Feedback from my first test shows strong alignment to Fast Stream.

Currently a direct appointment at DIT after being unsuccessful last year. Happy to help in any way I can (however unable to advise on tests etc).

If you are currently a direct appointment, but are still in probation period, what did you answer to the question 'Are you currently a civil servant?' Because technically you are, but if you haven't passed probation you aren't eligible to apply as a civil servant and need a degree... So did you click 'no'? Or have you already done probation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending