The Student Room Group

French- I’m in Y11 and don’t feel like I know enough

It’s September. I’m in the start of Y11.
I’m aiming for a 9 because of Oxbridge, blah blah blah
Can I recuperate all the time lost in Y10, where I was lazy?
Everyone in our year group did a foundation test, and I luckily got a Grade 5, so I’m going to do the higher paper.

Please help me with revision tips (specifically for a 9 and learning a lot in 1 year) for the final exams. Bear in mind I’m doing nine other GCSEs and already revising for them, there are only so many hours in a day
(edited 2 years ago)
Look at the exam spec bro!!
hi, i am good at french and would love to help! we did a mock which i am getting results for tomorrow, i will keep you updated.

for reading, i really suggest looking at french texts and trying to translate it as much as u can and then marking it. once u see your errors, memorise the key vocabulary you got wrong and come back to it for revision. most of the time, the reading papers are quite repetitive.
for listening, its kind of the same thing, except you have to get used to the speed at which the french people talk out, and be able to hear key points, which will relate to the answer. also look out for negatives, they always try to trick u.

with writing, focus on mastering your tenses, present, past, future and conditional will always be the ones they use, alongside going into exams with lots of vocabulary - a wide range. spelling and grammar does not matter as much as u think it does, theyre lenient as long as its not complete rubbish, and would be understandable by a french native.
speaking: plan out your general conversation, since u will alr know the topic and have an advantage. its important to skim through the vocabulary and content of the other topics - not as much, but make sure u can get points there by being able to ANSWER the question.

Quick Reply

Latest