The Student Room Group

Any high achievers willing to share revision techniques for G9 French GCSE (AQA)

Hey all,
I'm a Y11 student who aspires to get straight 9s by GCSEs.

The one subject I think I'd struggle to achieve this with is French. I'm not sure if it's because I don't put enough effort into it, or my answers/ analysis needs to be at a higher level.

Nevertheless, does anyone have any techniques/ phrases they used to help get a 9 in GCSE French? I think my strongest section is Writing, but would really appreciate advice on all 4 (writing, reading, listening, speaking).

Thanks!
Original post by elliotc2308
Hey all,
I'm a Y11 student who aspires to get straight 9s by GCSEs.

The one subject I think I'd struggle to achieve this with is French. I'm not sure if it's because I don't put enough effort into it, or my answers/ analysis needs to be at a higher level.

Nevertheless, does anyone have any techniques/ phrases they used to help get a 9 in GCSE French? I think my strongest section is Writing, but would really appreciate advice on all 4 (writing, reading, listening, speaking).

Thanks!

Hey, I'm a year 12 now and I achieved grade 9!! Here's some advice:
-Use Duolingo, it allowed me to be ahead of my- class and know phrases and words others didn't! I did at least 1 lesson everyday!

writing:
- PLAN before you write!!!! You have no idea how many times I haven't planned and just got my paper back with irrelevant written all over it 😂
- Make a checklist of things you need to include and memorise it!! This was a lifesaver.

Speaking:
-memorise what you need to say for the photo card
- know your answers for the general convo off by heart and practice pronunciation
-know a wide range of vocab!!

Listening: (I HATE IT)
-french podcasts and Duolingo

Reading:
-simply reading and translating literally any french texts, again Duolingo will help

Past papers are really key for all of these. Even speaking! Any vocab you don't know make a word bank of new vocab!

Hope this helped!
Original post by distressing-arch
Hey, I'm a year 12 now and I achieved grade 9!! Here's some advice:
-Use Duolingo, it allowed me to be ahead of my- class and know phrases and words others didn't! I did at least 1 lesson everyday!
writing:
- PLAN before you write!!!! You have no idea how many times I haven't planned and just got my paper back with irrelevant written all over it 😂
- Make a checklist of things you need to include and memorise it!! This was a lifesaver.
Speaking:
-memorise what you need to say for the photo card
- know your answers for the general convo off by heart and practice pronunciation
-know a wide range of vocab!!
Listening: (I HATE IT)
-french podcasts and Duolingo
Reading:
-simply reading and translating literally any french texts, again Duolingo will help
Past papers are really key for all of these. Even speaking! Any vocab you don't know make a word bank of new vocab!
Hope this helped!

hii
in my writing ive tried planning and no planning its not that its irrelevant and I feel ive done well but I won't have
I write my whole tense grid at the back and complex structure list to double check
I ended up just getting a seven on writing and I cant seem to improve what advice would u have for me rn

Quick Reply

Latest