The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine

If I do well in BMAT will I stand a chance at Cambridge?

A Level Achieved: A*A*A* (Biology, Maths, Chemistry)

GCSE: mostly 6’s and 5’s

At my secondary school, grade 6 was seen as fantastic relative to all the other grades that were awarded. It was underperforming, at grade 4 being what most people achieved in both maths and English. I also live in a poor area with my mum being on Universal credit. Can I still apply to Cambridge Medicine if I stated this?
(edited 2 years ago)
Cambridge interviews 75% of applicants so that’s the most important part of their admissions.
Original post by hungrysalamander
Cambridge interviews 75% of applicants so that’s the most important part of their admissions.

Should I bite my fist and apply?
Original post by AKA NO LIMITS
Should I bite my fist and apply?

Cambridge interviews are not easy. There’s no harm in trying but it is a bit of a risk. Your GCSE’s won’t put you at a disadvantage there as they don’t use it. It’s up to you to decide. Do you have other med schools in mind?
Cambridge interviews are not easy. There’s no harm in trying but it is a bit of a risk. Your GCSE’s won’t put you at a disadvantage there as they don’t use it. It’s up to you to decide. Do you have other med schools in mind?

Lol probably whichever one has a relatively low UCAT cut off. Plymouth might be a possibility though they rejected me last year after interview. It really depends on what I get on UCAT but it’s going to be in the range 2200 - 2500 I think. Do you know where I can find cut offs for all UCAT unis?
Lol probably whichever one has a relatively low UCAT cut off. Plymouth might be a possibility though they rejected me last year after interview. It really depends on what I get on UCAT but it’s going to be in the range 2200 - 2500 I think. Do you know where I can find cut offs for all UCAT unis?

You can find UCAT cutoffs by submitting foi requests or searching for it on google.
You can find UCAT cutoffs by submitting foi requests or searching for it on google.

Will my achieved A level grade put me ahead of people with predicted?
Will my achieved A level grade put me ahead of people with predicted?

No, but you will receive unconditional offers instead of conditional ones.
If I do well in BMAT will I stand a chance at Cambridge?

A Level Achieved: A*A*A* (Biology, Maths, Chemistry)

GCSE: mostly 6’s and 5’s

At my secondary school, grade 6 was seen as fantastic relative to all the other grades that were awarded. It was underperforming, at grade 4 being what most people achieved in both maths and English. I also live in a poor area with my mum being on Universal credit. Can I still apply to Cambridge Medicine if I stated this?

You sound like you might qualify for a contextual offer, but given your excellent A level results which already exceed the minimum entry requirement, you've already ticked that box.

Of course you should apply! The best way of not getting into Cambridge is not applying to Cambridge. Apply. What do you have to lose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending