The Student Room Group

Filmmaking Portfolio Examples

Can anyone send me examples of their uni portfolios for film production courses. Struggling and would love some inspiration and a better understanding :smile: he
Unfortunately portfolio guidelines change from university to university so even if we did show you our showreels you probably wouldn’t find them very helpful as it could differ massively to the showreel you have to create!
Original post by jaytgrimes
Can anyone send me examples of their uni portfolios for film production courses. Struggling and would love some inspiration and a better understanding :smile: he

Hi!
What I would suggest is that you have a look on some uni websites and see what they recommend including. Some have sections on what they look for in a portfolio so this could be helpful.
Most uni's look for passion and dedication to the subject. You don't need to show 15 films that you've made to impress them. Show a couple of films but give them concepts, storyboards, scripts, treatments, loglines, anything you have that could show your passion for film and show that you are clearly interested in the subject.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending