The Student Room Group

Learning Olympiad Maths

I recently got the UKMT Plane Euclidean Geometry book to study Olympic geometry. Near the start of the book, though, are things like triangle congruences and Pythagoras’ theorem, and as I have already covered them at GCSE, I was wondering if it was worth covering them again, from the UKMT book.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by superharrydude09
I recently got the UKMT Plane Euclidean Geometry book to study Olympic geometry. Near the start of the book, though, are things like triangle congruences and Pythagoras’ theorem, and as I have already covered them at GCSE, I was wondering if it was worth covering them again, from the UKMT book.

Not read that book, but the ukmt ones usually have a good number of harder questions than you would typically cover at gcse? Similarly, they may talk about proofs of pythagoras, ... which you may not have covered at gcse?

Tbh, if youve done it all and reread it, it will be a quick refresh. If you find something(s) new, then youll learn something. Either way, just plough through it at an approporiate speed for you?
Reply 2
yes because the questions will be much harder and you should practice applying simple topics like that on harder problems which the ukmt book will allow you to do. haven't done that book but I've heard good things about it

Quick Reply

Latest