The Student Room Group

is the CSAT a crackable test?

I have watched some videos on the trinity (+ a few other colleges) computer science admissions test (CSAT) ,and the questions look incredibly difficult.
I have done their first sample paper untimed and some of the questions take me nearly an hour to complete. From others I have talked to who have done the CSAT have claimed the actual paper is far more difficult than the sample questions they provide online. An entire revolving around the questions I *wasnt* able to do also seems very daunting!

However, if I assume TMUA goes alright, i would have from October till December to prepare for the test, which is about 2 months. What would be a realistic expectation on how much I could improve over that time? Is this viable?

Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
I have watched some videos on the trinity (+ a few other colleges) computer science admissions test (CSAT) ,and the questions look incredibly difficult.
I have done their first sample paper untimed and some of the questions take me nearly an hour to complete. From others I have talked to who have done the CSAT have claimed the actual paper is far more difficult than the sample questions they provide online. An entire revolving around the questions I *wasnt* able to do also seems very daunting!

However, if I assume TMUA goes alright, i would have from October till December to prepare for the test, which is about 2 months. What would be a realistic expectation on how much I could improve over that time? Is this viable?

Thank you!

How much olympiad maths experience have you had? I think performance on the CSAT is highly dependent on this as the questions are of a similar style to BMO/UKMT olympiad questions
Reply 2
Original post by Mentor423235
How much olympiad maths experience have you had? I think performance on the CSAT is highly dependent on this as the questions are of a similar style to BMO/UKMT olympiad questions

I haven't done much olympiad level maths, but I have prepared so far by doing senior kangaroo papers. I have done a lot of work on CS olympiads like the BIO or USACO. I have done a lot of MAT logic problems which involve CS concepts like recursion, logic, and automata.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending