The Student Room Group

Chinese Friends

I am studying Chinese and was wondering how to make Chinese friends in London, i really wanna make some to speak to :frown:((
Original post by loaboanm
I am studying Chinese and was wondering how to make Chinese friends in London, i really wanna make some to speak to :frown:((

Hang out in Chinatown?
Your best bet is joining a language exchange group on facebook, meetup etc, rather than trying to befriend Chinese people for the sake of practice, some people don't like that...
Reply 3
Original post by xxx0xxxo
Your best bet is joining a language exchange group on facebook, meetup etc, rather than trying to befriend Chinese people for the sake of practice, some people don't like that...

Do you know if young people typically join these kinds of groupchats? I mean like on fb I’ve never really used fb but i associated it with adults mainly, but maybe that’s just my ignorance 🤔
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Hang out in Chinatown?

I guess your right haha, but i dont think i would make a friend there just by walking a round or something 😭 idkk
Original post by loaboanm
Do you know if young people typically join these kinds of groupchats? I mean like on fb I’ve never really used fb but i associated it with adults mainly, but maybe that’s just my ignorance 🤔

All sorts of people are there, but more young people than older seem to be learning new languages!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending