The Student Room Group

Help...feeling quite sh_tty

Hey
So i recently transferred to a new university and joined straight onto the second year of the course. I miss my old uni, the commute, my classmates, how it felt easy/relaxed...i am kinda regretting transferring but I am trying to remind myself that it was for the best...has anyone felt like this/have any advice for me? I feel quite sh_tty when i think back on it...perhaps I got too attached and comfortable there and now just need to carry on with life and move on. It feels like depression.
Original post by ....Anonymous...
Hey
So i recently transferred to a new university and joined straight onto the second year of the course. I miss my old uni, the commute, my classmates, how it felt easy/relaxed...i am kinda regretting transferring but I am trying to remind myself that it was for the best...has anyone felt like this/have any advice for me? I feel quite sh_tty when i think back on it...perhaps I got too attached and comfortable there and now just need to carry on with life and move on. It feels like depression.

Your old uni sounds like it was your comfort zone and we don’t learn or grown in the comfort zone. It will feel hard for a few weeks because you will keep doubting yourself that you should have stayed at your old uni. You’re literally going to keep comparing everything but try not to. You just said that it was for the best. Don’t doubt yourself. You made this decision to leave because you knew you needed too and it just feels hard right now.

It’s not depression it’s almost like grief. You’ve lost something that made you feel comfortable and happy and now your moving onto pasture new. It’s okay to miss your old course and the commute etc, but you will soon get used to being at your new uni. It takes a lot of courage to leave a course in year two and start with complete strangers! You have a new opportunity now to start a fresh, learn more and create your future. Think of all the good things that will come from you making this decision and always remember to stick with your instincts, you left for a reason.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey OP @....Anonymous..., could you kindly give an update on how things went?
Original post by Student234637
Hey OP @....Anonymous..., could you kindly give an update on how things went?

hey, feelings still lurk around...but it was ok, im finishing next May, so not long left!
hey, feelings still lurk around...but it was ok, im finishing next May, so not long left!

That’s great to hear!
That’s great to hear!

Thanks! Are you going through something similar?
Thanks! Are you going through something similar?

Already went through the transfer process, I came across your thread quite a while ago when I was making that decision
(edited 4 months ago)
Already went through the transfer process, I came across your thread quite a while ago when I was making that decision

How've things worked out for you?
How've things worked out for you?

Things worked out well. It took a while to get settled in though
Things worked out well. It took a while to get settled in though

great stuff! have you made a good bunch of class mates? i struggled with this a bit.
great stuff! have you made a good bunch of class mates? i struggled with this a bit.

The hardest part was introducing myself to people at the start, but after I went over that hurdle by explaining I transferred, everything went alright I guess

Quick Reply

Latest