The Student Room Group

Latin IB without any experience?

I think Latin seems like a super interesting subject I’ve never done it before (I do German GCSE) is it smart to take it at standard IB (I can only take standard or HL there’s no ab inition) is it worth it? Interesting? Easy to pick up at IB?
Original post by elani00
I think Latin seems like a super interesting subject I’ve never done it before (I do German GCSE) is it smart to take it at standard IB (I can only take standard or HL there’s no ab inition) is it worth it? Interesting? Easy to pick up at IB?

Don’t unless you really need it or are particularly devoted. Language SLs require around 2 years of previous studying (if you want to score above 5 obviously). Of course if you’re really passionate about Latin you could start learning early and still be able to do it. But again, it’d probably be quite difficult. I’d recommend taking German sl instead. You will have plenty of work in IB and adding a subject that isn’t a requirement is really pointless.
Reply 2
Yeah... I understand thanks ! Is it the adapting to a new language that’s hard or the fact you have to analyse and such in Latin right off the bat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending