The Student Room Group

Fujitsu Degree Apprenticeships starting 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sevataar
I have a friend who works in the company as a software dev apprentice

After asking him, he said 1 group excersise, 1 individual presentation and 1 individual interview, but he assessed in 2019 so things may have changed

They should give details I should think

What kind of exercise was it in the group task?
Reply 101
Original post by Uby_876

You will of course have to wait to get confirmation from the recruitment team of what is happening this year,

but, the last two years have been a discussion where you have a problem that needs solving, you will get the problem told to you in an email I think, and the problem changes every year - but basically the group task was something like a debate
Reply 102
Original post by Uby_876

From when I applied in the past and from the assessment my friend did as he works at the company, it may be a question that the group has to debate an answer to, then agree the best answer, then present it

This may have changed though, what I do know is that those who get an AC date will get briefed via email on what they need to know
From when I applied in the past and from the assessment my friend did as he works at the company, it may be a question that the group has to debate an answer to, then agree the best answer, then present it

This may have changed though, what I do know is that those who get an AC date will get briefed via email on what they need to know

Already had mine, waiting for a reply.
Reply 104
Original post by Uby_876

Great to hear

Hopefully you'll get an offer, I'm sure they say about two weeks after the AC you'll hear back

Has any cyber security applicants had their ac yet, I think they are doing software Dev applicants first but idk
Reply 105
Great to hear

Hopefully you'll get an offer, I'm sure they say about two weeks after the AC you'll hear back

Has any cyber security applicants had their ac yet, I think they are doing software Dev applicants first but idk

No nothing yet ! Fingers crossed 🤞
Original post by Uby_876

Did they email you about what the assessment centre had before you done it?
Reply 107
anybody heard back about getting an AC booked yet? I know a few software dev guys did but what about everyone else?
Reply 108
anybody heard back about getting an AC booked yet? I know a few software dev guys did but what about everyone else?

I am cyber security, but nothing yet !
Reply 109
Original post by Dhings
I am cyber security, but nothing yet !

Same as me, I am cyber security too, still haven't heard anything, next week maybe
Reply 110
Same as me, I am cyber security too, still haven't heard anything, next week maybe

The wait is absolutely killing. Fingers crossed 🤞
Reply 111
Hello everyone,

For anyone who has applied to cyber security or Basingstoke location, I just got an invite to AC on march 30th, good luck to everyone going foreward
Reply 112
Hello everyone,

For anyone who has applied to cyber security or Basingstoke location, I just got an invite to AC on march 30th, good luck to everyone going foreward

Congratulations 🎉… good luck with the assessment… do let us know how it goes 😊
Reply 113
Original post by Dhings
Congratulations 🎉… good luck with the assessment… do let us know how it goes 😊

Thank you.

Can I ask for those that have done the AC, when you were invited, when did you receive your link to join the call, I've been on assessments before they they usually give it to you in the invite but I don't have it?
Thank you.

Can I ask for those that have done the AC, when you were invited, when did you receive your link to join the call, I've been on assessments before they they usually give it to you in the invite but I don't have it?

I received the link to my AC the day before so I'm assuming they'll do the same for you. Hope that puts your mind at rest.
Reply 115
Original post by Mr-Tickle
I received the link to my AC the day before so I'm assuming they'll do the same for you. Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Thanks buddy, it sure does put my mind at rest, any tips or tricks you think made your assessment centre feel more successful?
Thanks buddy, it sure does put my mind at rest, any tips or tricks you think made your assessment centre feel more successful?

For the group exercise, communicate clearly, understand stakeholder needs and collaborate as much as possible with the other candidates.

For the presentation just run through your presentation as many times as possible beforehand so there's little chance of messing up and think of questions they might ask so you're prepared.

Other than that, just be extremely friendly to the hiring managers and other candidates.

If you're successful in the morning and have an interview in the afternoon they don't ask about why Fujitsu etc, they are more focussed on situational questions and your experiences (That's what happened in my interview, however it may be different for you).

Hope that helps : )
For aspiring degree apprentices!

https://youtu.be/nPpAgaZzhxE
Reply 118
Anybody heard back after their AC with Fujitsu? I did mine two days ago, they told me 10 days until I hear back but I wondered if anyone has heard back from a month or so ago when the ACs started
I did my Fujitsu AC probably about a month or two ago. They got back within that two week period afterwards, and I was lucky enough to get an offer. I declined it because I'd have to work in VME, and I decided that sort of post just wasn't for me. Nonetheless, it was a decent enough experience applying and the recruiters/hiring managers were all super nice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending