The Student Room Group

Confused

I took a gap year after my A levels in 2022. And I haven’t applied to anything. I don’t know what to do. I have many interests and don’t know what to choose from. I keep getting confused on whether to do uni or and apprenticeship. I want do to uni because I like to study, and i like the social aspect of it. But I’m worried about student debt. I want to do an apprenticeship, but there aren’t as many apprenticeships in London which I have a genuine interest in.

I have many interests, and I don’t know what to choose from
Reply 1
Then wait until you do know what you want to do before you apply for Uni?
Original post by DarkChaos
I took a gap year after my A levels in 2022. And I haven’t applied to anything. I don’t know what to do. I have many interests and don’t know what to choose from. I keep getting confused on whether to do uni or and apprenticeship. I want do to uni because I like to study, and i like the social aspect of it. But I’m worried about student debt. I want to do an apprenticeship, but there aren’t as many apprenticeships in London which I have a genuine interest in.

I have many interests, and I don’t know what to choose from

Hi,
Choosing a university course can be difficult but there is no rush if you are still unsure during your gap years as people start their degree all ages. If you are still unsure you can write down all the courses you are interested in, then narrow it down by looking at universities that you like the sound of and whether they offer your course. You can also consider a joint honors to be able to study more than one subject or try to take a look at which degrees best match with the skills you learnt during your A levels. If you are worried about costs during university, you can always use this time to find work to help save up for your time there. Also consider what you would like to do after university and the job prospects that the degrees will open up as very specific courses may limit your options more than a more broad degree.
Hope this helps!
-Malek
University of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending