The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

How likely am I to get an offer on Econ and econ history at LSE

Hi, I have already applied early for uni and my favourite selection is Econ and econ history at LSE.yet I am aware that it is extremely competitive.

The grades that were submitted for UCAS were A*, A*, A. The two A*’s were in economics and geography and the A in maths. My personal statement is split pretty much 50/50 both ways and does include that i am on a scheme with a major American investment bank that promises a job at the end of training (trusting I get a 2:1 at uni)… The entry requirements say they want AAB, so how likely is it that i get an offer given my application…
(edited 2 years ago)
I don’t think the grad scheme at the Investment Bank will have any bearing - they’re looking for an academic interest in the subject.

That being said, you meet the entry requirements with an “A” in maths so its very dependent on your PS. I have the same grades as you A* A* A and am a 2nd year on this course. I would say most of the people on this course (around 40 in my year) have at least AAA. I really think the PS is key here.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I am looking to apply for economic history at LSE for 2022, any tips on what to include within my personal statement...
How are you on a grad scheme if you're a school leaver? That doesn't make any sense, it's clearly not a grad scheme then.

In any case as above its a degree in economics and economic history, not a degree in investment banking, so that's really beside the point by and large. Hopefully you didn't spend an inordinate amount of time discussing it in your PS...

No one can tell you overall, you meet the standard requirements, having only an A in A-level Maths rather than an A* or FM alongside it might hurt your chances somewhat for the economics side of things. You are probably fine gradewise for the economic history side of things, so it will likely depend on your PS for that side of things.
Original post by artful_lounger
How are you on a grad scheme if you're a school leaver? That doesn't make any sense, it's clearly not a grad scheme then.

In any case as above its a degree in economics and economic history, not a degree in investment banking, so that's really beside the point by and large. Hopefully you didn't spend an inordinate amount of time discussing it in your PS...

No one can tell you overall, you meet the standard requirements, having only an A in A-level Maths rather than an A* or FM alongside it might hurt your chances somewhat for the economics side of things. You are probably fine gradewise for the economic history side of things, so it will likely depend on your PS for that side of things.

It’s a scheme as in i have to undergo a set amount of hours trained and upon graduation I’ll be in with a job, that’s what I mean… with the undergrad degree that is, regardless I didn’t per say quote the name of the scheme yet i stated what my situation with the firm was in my PS, yet I never dwelled on it much. Just dropped it in the beginning and explained the training I’m currently undergoing and saying what I’m gaining/learning from it.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending