The Student Room Group

How many times have you been late for school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The RAR
I would say teachers who ignore your hard work just to **** on you for your attendance are very thick in the head, legit after your leave school not a SINGLE person will care about your attendance, all they care about is your grades. You can have 100% attendance but just be there instead of doing any work.

Original post by donutisgood
Almost everyday :biggrin:

Hahhaa.. How u dealt with your teacher than?
alots of time:biggrin:
Used to get a home school minibus, and was frequently late
sounds like cap but over 100 times since i've been in school. prolly nothing special bc i've seen people with over 300 or more
I find the attendance figures to be for the schools gain. I had 97% attendance and around 3-4 days off per year and was called into a room to get a warning. The school even gave £50 vouchers for being on time
I was late for school on Monday. :frown: There was absolutely loads of traffic because of roadworks (I only knew it was roadworks because the bus driver made an announcement to everyone who was on the bus to update what was going on.) Thankfully I was only about 10 minutes late but I had the sense to ring the school and leave a message to say that I was going to be late. Also, one of my friends went to tell my teacher that I was going to be late because of the traffic. A lot of people were late but didn't get caught because of staggered start times (I start at 8:30am but I didn't arrive until 8:40am which is when year 9 and year 10 were going in) so I just followed them into school and went straight to class.
Reply 66
Never. As I'm responsible for sorting out cover for the teachers who don't turn up I have to get in super early....in an exam season that can be 06:30
i followed the same routine every morning so i was late probably a handful of times in entire secondary school
once because the clock i look at was a few minutes late
:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest