The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Uni of Leeds CAS delay

Hey, I got accepted to Uni of Leeds almost a month ago, and at that time they told me that it will take them around a month to send the CAS, but I havnt heard back from them. I had written written a bunch of email but didn't receive any response. What should I do?
I am accepted for undergraduate course.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I got accepted to Uni of Leeds almost a month ago, and at that time they told me that it will take them around a month to send the CAS, but I havnt heard back from them. I had written written a bunch of email but didn't receive any response. What should I do?
I am accepted for undergraduate course.

I'm also facing the same problem at the moment. I emailed them a couple of times and even phoned the university and all they told me to do was to be patient. Without my CAS, I'm unable to apply for my student visa even though I've already booked a flight in early September.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by jjjongyuu
I'm also facing the same problem at the moment. I emailed them a couple of times and even phoned the university and all they told me to do was to be patient. Without my CAS, I'm unable to apply for my student visa even though I've already booked a flight in early September.

I also have the same issue, I can't apply for my visa till I get the CAS, I think I will phone them next week.
Reply 3

Could you tell me whom did you contact?
If possible could you share the email and phone number.
Thanks in advance.
Reply 4

Any updates?
Reply 5
Any updates?

The number I contacted was +441132431751. I called them once more just a few hours ago and they said the same thing to me - be patient. I'm becoming really anxious as it has already been more than a month. Any updates on your side?
Any new updates on this thread please? Even I’ve been waiting for the CAS but haven’t got it yet… I know the strikes have delayed Cas numbers for many but now we’re in the end of August…
Reply 7
Any new updates on this thread please? Even I’ve been waiting for the CAS but haven’t got it yet… I know the strikes have delayed Cas numbers for many but now we’re in the end of August…

hii i've just received my CAS 2 days ago and my friend got hers yesterday, so I guess they will be issuing the remaining CASs soon.
hii i've just received my CAS 2 days ago and my friend got hers yesterday, so I guess they will be issuing the remaining CASs soon.

Thanks for this!
Reply 9

Hey any update guys, I accepted my unconditional offer on 18th August(via clearing) and today is 13th of September and I am still waiting. Any advice guys? I call them almost every day and they just ask me to be patient. I also emailed the cas team multiple times. So can anyone help me or guid me?
Reply 10
Original post by MrPresence
Hey any update guys, I accepted my unconditional offer on 18th August(via clearing) and today is 13th of September and I am still waiting. Any advice guys? I call them almost every day and they just ask me to be patient. I also emailed the cas team multiple times. So can anyone help me or guid me?

It almost takes around a month, I applied on 5th of July and received the CAS on 3rd of August. And many of my friends also received the CAS around the timeframe of a month. So, you just wait until 18th of September and once you receive it apply for the VISA and send an email to your school about your late joining as VISA processing takes some time (I would recommend going for Priority Service, if your country has PS service and also it is a bit expensive).

Also, it would be better if you inform your school today also via an email and tell them about your problem and ask them if it won't be a problem if you join a bit late than your term start date.
It almost takes around a month, I applied on 5th of July and received the CAS on 3rd of August. And many of my friends also received the CAS around the timeframe of a month. So, you just wait until 18th of September and once you receive it apply for the VISA and send an email to your school about your late joining as VISA processing takes some time (I would recommend going for Priority Service, if your country has PS service and also it is a bit expensive).

Also, it would be better if you inform your school today also via an email and tell them about your problem and ask them if it won't be a problem if you join a bit late than your term start date.

Hey, thank you for your help. I already talked with my school(school of computing) and they said that I can join my course(BSc computer science) after 2 weeks of starting date(around 8th October-16th October). But I am still worried as in my country, the visa applications are getting delayed. Even priority cases are taking 2-3 weeks. I already emailed this situation to the cas team multiple times but still no response. And when I call the student information team, they just tell me to be patient as they cannot do anything. It’s getting really late now. Any other helpful advice guys?
I don’t think there is much that you can do… even I’ve been waiting for my CAS for months now and I’ve contacted my department almost once every week and I keep getting the same response about just waiting. There was frequent industrial action in UK universities this year which I guess affected how quick they issued CASs this summer
Ohh… thanks for your reply. I guess I have no option now except waiting.
Original post by MrPresence
Ohh… thanks for your reply. I guess I have no option now except waiting.

All the best for that, I hope they send us the CASs soon. Please, may I know what number you phoned to speak with the Student Information team?

Quick Reply

Latest