The Student Room Group

What is an easy A level

Hey, so I would just like to know what would be a slightly easier a level to choose because I want to do Biology and chemistry and want one more easy-ish a level to go with them. I was thinking health and social care but I'm not sure
Original post by HollieD05
Hey, so I would just like to know what would be a slightly easier a level to choose because I want to do Biology and chemistry and want one more easy-ish a level to go with them. I was thinking health and social care but I'm not sure

Er… no such thing 😂 biology is HELL!!! Maybe do physics and maths instead since some of your knowledge from one helps the other?? So its almost like 2 alevels for the price of 1
Original post by Sm 002 u mug
Er… no such thing 😂 biology is HELL!!! Maybe do physics and maths instead since some of your knowledge from one helps the other?? So its almost like 2 alevels for the price of 1

is biology a level really that bad? i was thinking of taking it after gcse's are over but the amount of people i've seen talk about it is putting me off lmao
Original post by niallsearwax
is biology a level really that bad? i was thinking of taking it after gcse's are over but the amount of people i've seen talk about it is putting me off lmao

biology opens up your career choices, but honestly the application questions and markschemes made me despise it. I loved it at gcse i got a 9. The content was awesome at a level but answering exam questions were HELL. Getting the grade is the worst. I found chemistry a level much better but i guess it’s where your interests lie. If i could go back again i would definitely pick physics since i was doing chem and maths and struggled with the chemistry calculations.
Original post by HollieD05

Good question, but what do you mean one more easy-ish A-level? Even if you were good at biology at GCSE, A-level is is known to be very very difficult. That being said, A-levels will be a lot easier if you understand the specification, are good at memorising large amounts of information, understand what the examiners are looking for, and you truly appreciate your subjects. However, it will also depend on your skills. Since you seem to be going down the medical sciences route, you might want to pick A-level Mathematics, Psychology or Sociology since they would complement your subjects.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by niallsearwax

if you really like biology a lot then go ahead and take it just dont expect it to be a breeze like gcses as its quite a big jump, you should honestly just take the subjects that you are interested in, seeing as ur wanting to take bio and chem which are quite heavy content subjects, maybe your 3rd option can just be something you find easier so you can focus more on bio and chem. tbh theres no such thing as an easy a level but if theres a subject right now that you find yourself to understand and be able to pick up pretty quickly id definitely suggest considering them

Quick Reply

Latest