The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Official 2022 KCL Postgraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by IndianPython
I know right! I wasn't expecting it to take more than 6 weeks (excluding the holiday break). I applied for the MSc Financial mathematics programme and I can only wait till Feb 4 as I have an offer from Manchester for MSc Quantitative Finance with Feb 4 as the acceptance deadline.

I am literally in the same situation! Got an offer from Manchester and the first acceptance deadline was on Jan 7th but because I made an appeal to change my tuition fee status, they extended my deadline until Feb 4th.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by shaykali
Could I get someone's opinion on this?

I'm thinking of applying to KCL's MSc Neuroscience but all I have available on my transcript so far are my 1st and 2nd year grades which add up to about 59%. I know that KCL wants 60% minimum but unfortunately I'm still waiting on grades back from 3 of my modules and I won't get them until mid-late Febuary. Is it worth applying once I receive those grades back even though it will be towards the deadline? Or should I just wait until I get my final grade in July? There might still be some spaces left.

You could try to apply now. If they like your application they might give you a conditional 2:1 offer (60%). What is your undergraduate course?
Original post by daiyedun2
You could try to apply now. If they like your application they might give you a conditional 2:1 offer (60%). What is your undergraduate course?

Psychology. I just don't want to risk applying now and then having my application rejected.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by _itr_
I am literally in the same situation! Got an offer from Manchester and the first acceptance deadline was on Jan 7th but because I made an appeal to change my tuition fee status, they extended my deadline until Feb 4th.

May I know how you got the deadline extended to Feb 4 from Jan 17? I'll give it a try if possible to buy some more time
Reply 64
Original post by IndianPython
May I know how you got the deadline extended to Feb 4 from Jan 17? I'll give it a try if possible to buy some more time

So basically if they give you an offer and categorise you as an International student paying International fees but you think you deserve the Home fee status, you can make an appeal to change your fee status from International to UK tuition fees. Here's the link on their website: https://www.studentsupport.manchester.ac.uk/finances/tuition-fees/assessments/appeals/ I am not British but I am european and I have been living in the UK for a while so I made an appeal for them to change my fee status from international to Home fees and this process took around 3 weeks so I emailed the admissions office and told them I made an appeal and that the process will be finished after January 7th so they extended the deadline until February 4th. They have just changed my fee status a couple of days ago to Home and they told me I should receive a new offer letter with the updated fee status and maybe they will extend the deadline for accepting the application for 3 more weeks after I receive the new offer letter
Original post by KaeeKayy
Hey! Even I've accepted my offer from Edinburgh for MSc Marketing! Would love to connect with you!

Hey!! Congrats! Are you an international student too or home student?
Let’s connect!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!! Congrats! Are you an international student too or home student?
Let’s connect!

I am an international student from India! Can we connect on Telegram? My ID is @khuusshiii.
Got an offer for MSc Advanced Computing
Has anyone else applied for International Marketing? Have any of you heard back?
Current (or Last) University: UT Austin (in the USA)
Current (or Last) Course: Economics and History
Achieved (Expected) Grade: 3.6 overall GPA (due to major change from engineering, relevant courses 3.9+ GPA)
Prospective Course: International Relations MA
Other Universities you’re applying to: pretty much all the schools in London haha
Original post by Maabena
Hi guys, anyone applying to MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management?

I have submitted my application on 8 Dec. However, i still have not heard back from the admission team.
Did anyone else have to do a two-part personal statement with titles for each? I have questions!
Reply 72
Current (or Last) University: University of Leicester
Current (or Last) Course: BA Media and Communication
Achieved (Expected) Grade: 1st
Prospective Course: MSc Digital Marketing
Other Universities you’re applying to: LSE, University of Manchester

I’ve got the offer a week ago.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I have submitted my application on 8 Dec. However, i still have not heard back from the admission team.

I'm glad to see at least one AAF applicant on this platform. I applied recently though (20/1/22), hope they start reviewing our applications soon.
Original post by yniie
Current (or Last) University: University of Leicester
Current (or Last) Course: BA Media and Communication
Achieved (Expected) Grade: 1st
Prospective Course: MSc Digital Marketing
Other Universities you’re applying to: LSE, University of Manchester

I’ve got the offer a week ago.

Congrats on your offer! Will you please share your timeline?
Reply 75
Original post by stevenball
Congrats on your offer! Will you please share your timeline?

Thanks! I submitted my application on 10 December and got an offer on 19 January. I just noticed that I’ve got the offer around 2 weeks ago.
Reply 76
Original post by yniie
Thanks! I submitted my application on 10 December and got an offer on 19 January. I just noticed that I’ve got the offer around 2 weeks ago.

Congrats!!! :smile:
I received my offer today for MSc in Advanced Software Engineering! I applied on the 12th of December :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 78
Hi everyone,
I have just been notified that all my documents have been checked and are OK.
Does anyone know usually how long will they give a decision after checking the documents?

Thanks and good luck on your applications!
Original post by ey0720
Hi everyone,
I have just been notified that all my documents have been checked and are OK.
Does anyone know usually how long will they give a decision after checking the documents?

Thanks and good luck on your applications!

I got my decision two weeks after my document status changed to 'Document is OK'. Good luck on your application! May I know what course are you applying for?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest