The Student Room Group

AQA paper 2 question 3 (writer's viewpoints and perspectives)

I recently received a disappointingly low score for my question three response.

My teacher said that I misinterpreted the question, but I believe that I merely explored the sinister side. I acknowledge that it was not the most obvious thing to analyse, but if my reasoning was sound and my links not outrageous, shouldn't I be awarded higher marks?

Is there a set theme/themes that you are allowed to explore in the English AQA paper 2 and restricted ones?

And, does perceived relevance to the text have much of an impact? The start of the extract I was asked to analyse described a wasteland, but later got more 'sunny.' I pointed out that the character could not remain untouched by such an environment and perhaps she was hiding something.

I'll talk to my English teacher, but it'll be more helpful if I get a general idea of his possible perspectives.

I would really appreciate any and all replies!
Reply 1
Hello, from what I recall from AQA English Language, you are not limited on what you analyse as long as you have evidence in the form of quotations and link it to the text. If you analysed a theme without linking it to the text or using quotes as evidence then you likely won't get high marks. So from what I understand you can analyse anything as long as it links to the text.

Also, I do highly recommend that you check the exam mark schemes and examiner reports so you understand exactly what you need to do to get the higher marks and so you can also see where other students have lost marks so you can avoid making the same mistakes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending