The Student Room Group

A-Level English Language - Paper 2 Question 3

Hi guys, I wondered if anyone had any advice about how to structure Question 3 of Paper 2 of AQA A-Level English Language. Mainly, how do I keep my answer comparative throughout? Thanks!
Hey English Teacher here,

I'm here to help you all succeed!

YOU ARE BEING TESTED ON YOUR ABILITY TO:
Explain, comment, on and analyse how writers use structure to achieve effects and influence readers, using relevant subject terminology to support their view.

You could write about:
- What the writer focuses your attention on at the beginning
- How and why the writer changes this focus as the source develops
- Any other structural features that interest you

Make sure that you use judicious quotes. (Juicy Quotes) - Quotes that you can explode meaning expand on lots and that have more than once technique included.

Good Luck!!
You will be amazing x
Reply 2
Original post by imaan.zara1
Hey English Teacher here,

I'm here to help you all succeed!

YOU ARE BEING TESTED ON YOUR ABILITY TO:
Explain, comment, on and analyse how writers use structure to achieve effects and influence readers, using relevant subject terminology to support their view.

You could write about:
- What the writer focuses your attention on at the beginning
- How and why the writer changes this focus as the source develops
- Any other structural features that interest you

Make sure that you use judicious quotes. (Juicy Quotes) - Quotes that you can explode meaning expand on lots and that have more than once technique included.

Good Luck!!
You will be amazing x

Hi there, thanks for the help but is this intended for Q3 of the GCSE? I'm doing A-Level and I didn't think there was this much emphasis on structure.
Original post by rjwilkins47
Hi there, thanks for the help but is this intended for Q3 of the GCSE? I'm doing A-Level and I didn't think there was this much emphasis on structure.

Oh - so sorry.

If you look on the AQA website at the price it should have a breakdown of what is included.

Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending