The Student Room Group

Veterinary medicine D100 interviews

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coz_thom
Hey guys, anyone here applied to Aberystwyth? If so, have you had your interview or offer yet?

hi! i’ve applied to aber, my interview last week and apparently offers will be given in march :smile:
Original post by Amara_
Hi congrats!!
I’ve got my Harper and Keele interview tommorow.
What are you planning on wearing as I was originally going with a suit but I’ve heard that in previous years outdoor wear was required

hiiiii I`ve got my interview at Harper and Keele also on the 16th!! super nervous and excited i have no idea what to wear, what did you decide to go with?? also how did it go?? im sure you were amazing xxx
Original post by ovomxzzy
hiiiii I`ve got my interview at Harper and Keele also on the 16th!! super nervous and excited i have no idea what to wear, what did you decide to go with?? also how did it go?? im sure you were amazing xxx

Omg same!! Mine is on the 16th too. I'm also unsure about what to wear aha ...
Cant go wrong with a good ol pant suit 😏
Cant go wrong with a good ol pant suit 😏

hmmm I was thinking dark jeans, black jumper and boots - cause thats like formal but also outside wear. I guess they're not marking us on what we wear though 😂 Have you done any other interviews? This is the only one i've got so super nervous!!!
Original post by MariyamL
hmmm I was thinking dark jeans, black jumper and boots - cause thats like formal but also outside wear. I guess they're not marking us on what we wear though 😂 Have you done any other interviews? This is the only one i've got so super nervous!!!

That’s very true!! This is my second time applying I did have an online interview at liverpool last year but they really didn’t even see my outfit😂it’ll be lovely to see you!!! You’ll do amazing
That’s very true!! This is my second time applying I did have an online interview at liverpool last year but they really didn’t even see my outfit😂it’ll be lovely to see you!!! You’ll do amazing

Ohh ahah yeah if its online could literally wear pjs 😂it'll be lovely to see you too!! and good luck, you'll smash it!!!! (:
Original post by MariyamL
Ohh ahah yeah if its online could literally wear pjs 😂it'll be lovely to see you too!! and good luck, you'll smash it!!!! (:

can confirm i wore a fancy blouse on top and mickey mouse pj bottoms underneath 😂😂 when i started the interview my cat was sleeping soundly so i didn’t think to move him out the room, but a few minutes in he woke up and was meowing loudly next to the table 😭 i was PANICKING in case i had to stand up and move him out the room and the interviewer would see my pjs 🤣 luckily he decided to leave the room and all went well !!!!
Original post by aliaa03
can confirm i wore a fancy blouse on top and mickey mouse pj bottoms underneath 😂😂 when i started the interview my cat was sleeping soundly so i didn’t think to move him out the room, but a few minutes in he woke up and was meowing loudly next to the table 😭 i was PANICKING in case i had to stand up and move him out the room and the interviewer would see my pjs 🤣 luckily he decided to leave the room and all went well !!!!

LOOOL that sounds so stressful, i'm glad it was all okay in the end!!!! your cat almost sabotaged your interview without realising it would be benefiting him the most once you become a vet 🤣🤣
Reply 29

Hii,
congrats on getting an interview!
in the end, I ended up going in a trouser suit with a casual top and doc marten boots to bring it down a bit. However, many people were dressed more casually, but I felt more comfortable in smart attire.
The people are really friendly and I would suggest getting there a couple of hours early so you’re not stressed (you don’t have to arrive 4 hours early like I did haha).
There were 4 stations, each 7 minutes long; just have fun with them (although it’s easier said than done).
When I came out, I didn’t think I’d done very well but I received an offer in under 24 hours, so don’t be too hard on yourself after you’ve finished because there’s nothing more you can do.
Good luck!
I wore a 3 piece suit! 🙈 slightly overdressed
Original post by Eggheadriding
I wore a 3 piece suit! 🙈 slightly overdressed

i wore a blazer, a blouse, smart skirt, tights and smart shoes. dw i felt a bit overdressed too 😭
Original post by Amara_
Hii,
congrats on getting an interview!
in the end, I ended up going in a trouser suit with a casual top and doc marten boots to bring it down a bit. However, many people were dressed more casually, but I felt more comfortable in smart attire.
The people are really friendly and I would suggest getting there a couple of hours early so you’re not stressed (you don’t have to arrive 4 hours early like I did haha).
There were 4 stations, each 7 minutes long; just have fun with them (although it’s easier said than done).
When I came out, I didn’t think I’d done very well but I received an offer in under 24 hours, so don’t be too hard on yourself after you’ve finished because there’s nothing more you can do.
Good luck!

Thanks ever so much!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending