The Student Room Group

Postgraduate studies in Public Policy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Britobrl
I got an email right now... waiting list :frown:
By the way, my button is still there

And I'm assuming some must have heard for either outright offer or rejection? In any case, I agree, do not lose hope!
Reply 81
Original post by Britobrl
Tks! Good luck!!

have you applied to other schools / programs?
Reply 82
Original post by jothisdown
And I'm assuming some must have heard for either outright offer or rejection? In any case, I agree, do not lose hope!

Waiting for any such post and refreshing email :frown:
Reply 83
Original post by jothisdown

I haven’t heard back and I’m refreshing every minute. I hope it translates into an offer for you. 🤞
Just received my offer from the Oxford MPP (the email just came in five minutes ago)! My hands were shaking as I opened up the email!
Reply 85
Original post by journeyaway
Just received my offer from the Oxford MPP (the email just came in five minutes ago)! My hands were shaking as I opened up the email!

I just received my offer as well💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

If I’m not wrong, we both got into Cambridge and Oxford because I have seen your posts on Cambridge forum as well. I’ll love to disconnect on whatsapp if you would like.

Have you decided on where to go?
Original post by PeppyA
I just received my offer as well💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

If I’m not wrong, we both got into Cambridge and Oxford because I have seen your posts on Cambridge forum as well. I’ll love to disconnect on whatsapp if you would like.

Have you decided on where to go?

Big congratulations to you too! Yes, looks like we got into both. In terms of a decision...I need to just digest this piece of news over the weekend first, and let my family know.

I'll send you a PM later on the Whatsapp :smile:
So the norm is that individuals who had not gotten an acceptance or waitlist from BSG will be served the usual 2:00am email from the grad school. There is no need to refresh emails anymore at this point and please, if you were rejected; this is not the end of the road. Better and brighter days ahead. I am hopeful that BSG was not the only policy school you applied to. I wish everyone the best as they proceed to their different endeavours.
Hi everyone! I received my offer as well!
Reply 89
Original post by faba0022
Hi everyone! I received my offer as well!

Congratulations 🎉🎉
Thank you and congrats to you too! I hope everyone hears good news soon!
Big congratulations to you too! Yes, looks like we got into both. In terms of a decision...I need to just digest this piece of news over the weekend first, and let my family know.

I'll send you a PM later on the Whatsapp :smile:

I received offers from both Cambridge and Oxford too! Although I couldn't find much info online about the key differences in student experiences between the two programmes.
Original post by jazz9390
I received offers from both Cambridge and Oxford too! Although I couldn't find much info online about the key differences in student experiences between the two programmes.

Me neither. Think I'm going to reach out to some alumni for a chat.
Reply 93
Me neither. Think I'm going to reach out to some alumni for a chat.

Please let us know what you find out. Thank you
Reply 94
Quick question for folks who received the offer from BSG, did you have/receive any link or news on the scholarship questionnaire? the welcome kit seemed to mention it but can't find it on the offer letter?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by pmd7
Quick question for folks who received the offer from BSG, did you have/receive any link or news on the scholarship questionnaire? the welcome kit seemed to mention it but can't find it on the offer letter?

The link to the scholarship questionnaire was in my offer email itself - stating something along the lines of 'if you would like to be considered for these, please complete the School's questionnaire by [DATE] using this link...'
Reply 96
The link to the scholarship questionnaire was in my offer email itself - stating something along the lines of 'if you would like to be considered for these, please complete the School's questionnaire by [DATE] using this link...'

Ah got it! I think there was some IT issue at BSG's end, finally got the full email 10-15 mins ago! It says you have to accept by 8th April, but I'm guessing you still have time to arrange an English test and transcripts by end of May post that right?
Reply 97
Original post by pmd7
Ah got it! I think there was some IT issue at BSG's end, finally got the full email 10-15 mins ago! It says you have to accept by 8th April, but I'm guessing you still have time to arrange an English test and transcripts by end of May post that right?

Did BSG call you for a discussion for funding/ nomination?
Original post by pmd7

Yep that's exactly it. :smile:
Original post by Rony25
Did BSG call you for a discussion for funding/ nomination?

Not for me - I think right off the bat I don't immediately qualify for quite a few funding sources - but I filled in the scholarship link anyway, so fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending