The Student Room Group

Do video-games help cope with sadness and loneliness?

Scroll to see replies

Thanks everyone.
Edit: I just purchased Doom from Cex and played lv1 but then my brother kept punching me because he wanted to play the game. My parents forced me to give him a turn. I feel rather pi55ed that my 8 Yr old brother can always get an advantage.
I found another way. I love researching the process of many things. So, new hobby I guess.
Original post by Lacrimosa1
Thanks everyone.
Edit: I just purchased Doom from Cex and played lv1 but then my brother kept punching me because he wanted to play the game. My parents forced me to give him a turn. I feel rather pi55ed that my 8 Yr old brother can always get an advantage.
I found another way. I love researching the process of many things. So, new hobby I guess.

games are awesome, i recommend looking into comics as well. why do you have a doomer pic tho
Reply 22
My brother has a ps4 so maybe I can try to play on it.

it makes me feel more lonely ngl
Original post by jack456789
games are awesome, i recommend looking into comics as well. why do you have a doomer pic tho

It was meant to be a joke but it turned into a reality
Try some visual novels perhaps? Action games can help kill time but not deal with depression
It was meant to be a joke but it turned into a realit

come on brok why u a doomer
If you can find a game that you're really into it kind of sucks you in and you don't think about being lonely or other things. I used to play games a lot and it was kind of an escape from reality because I was a lonely kid with not much of a family life.
Original post by Kallisto
They are, I agree. For sad feelings instead, videogames are no help to feel better.

i disagree actually. you can play a videogame, feel a sense of community with the people you are playing with, communicate and stuff, that can make one feel better especially if that is what they are lacking in reality
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by HeavLeighGill
If you can find a game that you're really into it kind of sucks you in and you don't think about being lonely or other things. I used to play games a lot and it was kind of an escape from reality because I was a lonely kid with not much of a family life.

yes i agree with you totally

Quick Reply

Latest