The Student Room Group

Rot girl summer

The rot girl summer vent
(If you don’t want to read a long complaint about how I have single-handedly hit almost every self sabotage button this summer, scroll on I guess. I know I’m a d***)
This summer has not gone how I expected it, especially after the extreme stress from my a levels. (Background info: I have anxiety around exams, lots of mental stress throughout the year put me into burnout)

I’ve lost my job over summer as I did not get any more shifts after I took time off during the half term between my exams. no money, no social interactions, hello loneliness and detachment and feeling worthless for losing a job that I enjoyed and worked very hard at.

My friend group has probably cut me off after our group holiday? I haven’t spoken to them and they seem like they’re all still together They won’t contact me back when I reach out and I’m feeling very hopeless. I miss them all so much and it stung when they wouldn’t look at me on results day. I know I have a couple friends left over but I am not as close with them and they’re out on holiday or live far away, once again I am so isolated.

I messed things up big time with my boyfriend who I broke up with just before we took him with us on our annual holiday, reason being stress in a long term relationship wore me down so much when I had to deal with A Levels and my own mental health issues. I felt like I had to distance myself because it felt too intense to be with them but I don’t know if that was the right decision now because they didn’t deserve that. We had a good time on the holiday but the guilt ate me alive. We might talk again soon but I’m torn. Can’t imagine they would ever want me back regardless.

At the very least I got into my insurance Uni which I’m happy with but the accommodation is taking forever and I am so worried I won’t have somewhere to live. Which is again, my fault for not realising the guaranteed accommodation deadline passed when I was away.

I have wasted my summer and I feel horrible, I don’t have energy to do the hobbies I once loved to do and looked forward to getting back into after my exams passed. I feel numb, anxious and detached and it doesn’t feel like things have gotten as better as I hoped they would. I really felt I would just have an incredible time after I pushed myself to get through those exams. I feel I have been incredibly ungrateful for everything I once had and I sometimes wish I could have just ended everything when I had the chance. I’m anxious I will revert to the damaging methods I used to cope with stress when I get to university. I really hope I don’t because I have made it quite far coping in better ways.

At the very least I have my family and I managed to get into university.

If you read this I am sorry it is long but I am oddly grateful you stayed. I hope you didn’t have a rot girl summer too x
Reply 1
how are you doing? if you need someone to vent to i'm here. sending virtual hugs.
Original post by Anonymous #1
The rot girl summer vent
(If you don’t want to read a long complaint about how I have single-handedly hit almost every self sabotage button this summer, scroll on I guess. I know I’m a d***)
This summer has not gone how I expected it, especially after the extreme stress from my a levels. (Background info: I have anxiety around exams, lots of mental stress throughout the year put me into burnout)

I’ve lost my job over summer as I did not get any more shifts after I took time off during the half term between my exams. no money, no social interactions, hello loneliness and detachment and feeling worthless for losing a job that I enjoyed and worked very hard at.

My friend group has probably cut me off after our group holiday? I haven’t spoken to them and they seem like they’re all still together They won’t contact me back when I reach out and I’m feeling very hopeless. I miss them all so much and it stung when they wouldn’t look at me on results day. I know I have a couple friends left over but I am not as close with them and they’re out on holiday or live far away, once again I am so isolated.

I messed things up big time with my boyfriend who I broke up with just before we took him with us on our annual holiday, reason being stress in a long term relationship wore me down so much when I had to deal with A Levels and my own mental health issues. I felt like I had to distance myself because it felt too intense to be with them but I don’t know if that was the right decision now because they didn’t deserve that. We had a good time on the holiday but the guilt ate me alive. We might talk again soon but I’m torn. Can’t imagine they would ever want me back regardless.

At the very least I got into my insurance Uni which I’m happy with but the accommodation is taking forever and I am so worried I won’t have somewhere to live. Which is again, my fault for not realising the guaranteed accommodation deadline passed when I was away.

I have wasted my summer and I feel horrible, I don’t have energy to do the hobbies I once loved to do and looked forward to getting back into after my exams passed. I feel numb, anxious and detached and it doesn’t feel like things have gotten as better as I hoped they would. I really felt I would just have an incredible time after I pushed myself to get through those exams. I feel I have been incredibly ungrateful for everything I once had and I sometimes wish I could have just ended everything when I had the chance. I’m anxious I will revert to the damaging methods I used to cope with stress when I get to university. I really hope I don’t because I have made it quite far coping in better ways.

If you read this I am sorry it is long but I am oddly grateful you stayed. I hope you didn’t have a rot girl summer too x

Dont you dare try to undervalue yourself "I know I'm a d****, your friends should know that you get stressed through exams, they should've been there for you so don't you dare feel guilt or sadness towards them, you deserve so much better love, babe you need to focus on yourself, you don't need "ugly personality friends" validation, don't let them win, friends come and go LITERALLY, you'll find your inner peace, and girlllll not you saying ROT girl summer haha, I'm here if you want to vent out too as well 🙂 Love youuu
Reply 3
The rot girl summer vent

Oh this sounds awful - I’m so sorry. Just remember it’s not your fault <3 I really hope things are getting better for you!
The rot girl summer vent

Maybe consider therapy or talking to a professional. It's good to see that you're able to talk about your problems to other people though. Finding a way to healthily deal with your stress would be a good goal to work to, as other issues will start to be fixed once you tackle that main one.
Best of luck, Anon.
The rot girl summer vent

How have the past few months been?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
How have the past few months been?

I completely forgot about this vent post, things have gotten easier over the past few months and i appreciate your comment :smile:. Im at university now which has been much much better than my a level experience and I'm trying to work on my issues and things lol
Reply 7
I completely forgot about this vent post, things have gotten easier over the past few months and i appreciate your comment :smile:. Im at university now which has been much much better than my a level experience and I'm trying to work on my issues and things lol

well thats good
I’m really glad this is the case! :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest