The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry Politics entry requirements

Hi,Has anyone been able to get into Coventry with low GCSEs, like mine, a D in English and E’s in Mathematics and Science? I have a DMM on an access course, with politics, history and sociology, I asked on their chat and the guy said probably not but my best chance would be to go through clearing. Has anyone had a similar experience and got in?
Original post by Kingofitall
Hi,Has anyone been able to get into Coventry with low GCSEs, like mine, a D in English and E’s in Mathematics and Science? I have a DMM on an access course, with politics, history and sociology, I asked on their chat and the guy said probably not but my best chance would be to go through clearing. Has anyone had a similar experience and got in?

Hi @Kingofitall,

Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to hear you were not able to find the answer you're looking for on the live chat. It can be difficult to find out what your options are when you find your chances are reduced with your grades. However, it doesn't mean you can't get to where you want to be.
I agree, clearing is an option for you. Have you tried having a chat with admission and seeing what they say? It's also worth obtaining the email address of a lecturer or the course director for Politics and having a discussion with them to see what your options are. Have you thought about getting some work experience in the area of your interest? If you're able to do this and take part in some volunteering, it'll be a great opportunity to build your interest and it proves that you can take a proactive approach to get to where you want to be. Another suggestion is apprenticeship - is this something you've considered?

I hope this helps a little bit. Let me know if you would like further help from me.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest