The Student Room Group

Changing Big 4 Scheme Location to London

Hi everyone,
I have accepted an offer at a big 4 firm for their audit programme. The role will be based at Birmingham but now I am regretting my decision for not choosing London. I feel like London will provide me with more opportunities in the long term. Where is better in the long term London or outside of London? Has anyone here faced this situation, if so what would you recommend?

Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Your long term options will be identical, just because you do your qualification in Birmingham doesn't mean you have to stay there. You likely won't be able to ask to change to London as recruitment is done partly by offices themselves and London offices are significantly more competitive.
You will get about £6k more salary by being London based though. I imagine what they have offered you is around £22k. London would be more like £28k :smile:
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Your long term options will be identical, just because you do your qualification in Birmingham doesn't mean you have to stay there. You likely won't be able to ask to change to London as recruitment is done partly by offices themselves and London offices are significantly more competitive.

Thank you, I have decided against my decision to move to London for the moment. However, they did offer me with the option to transfer if I wanted to.
Original post by Seba.fr1
You will get about £6k more salary by being London based though. I imagine what they have offered you is around £22k. London would be more like £28k :smile:

Yes, in fact apparently it's more than that. But considering the living costs and the relocation costs, I have decided to stay in the midlands for now.
Reply 5
Original post by starstudent7
Thank you, I have decided against my decision to move to London for the moment. However, they did offer me with the option to transfer if I wanted to.

Hey, I'm in the same situation now, offer for Birmingham but thinking London would have been better. How quickly before starting did you request to transfer? Was this after you accepted the Birmingham offer? And who did you have to ask? Thanks.
Reply 6
Original post by rowaway
Hey, I'm in the same situation now, offer for Birmingham but thinking London would have been better. How quickly before starting did you request to transfer? Was this after you accepted the Birmingham offer? And who did you have to ask? Thanks.

Hi! Have you transferred to London successfully or not? Thx
Reply 7
Original post by fishpool
Hi! Have you transferred to London successfully or not? Thx

Hi, if you want to transfer you should speak to your recruiter and they will advice you if you can change or not. If there are places available in London, they will let you change :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by starstudent7
Hi, if you want to transfer you should speak to your recruiter and they will advice you if you can change or not. If there are places available in London, they will let you change :smile:

thx!!!

ye i've talked to them but the hr has just said in that 'on this occasion you will not be able to change office locations'.

it seems that maybe the time is close to intake or i do need another powerful reason for transferring? :confused:

btw may i ask do u still wanna transfer after staying 1 yr at current location? and is that possible to apply for transferring after the first yr?

many appreciate for that!!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending