The Student Room Group

Government Assistant Economist Scheme 2023 Applications

Hey so I just heard that I've got through to the assessment centre stage for the civil service Assistant Economist scheme, has anyone else heard back? I thought we could share revision tips.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, yes I am through to the assessment centre stage, but I cannot book an interview. I think other people are having this issue but I gesrecruitment has not replied to my emails. Have you booked your date?
Reply 2
Original post by Emap123
Hi, yes I am through to the assessment centre stage, but I cannot book an interview. I think other people are having this issue but I gesrecruitment has not replied to my emails. Have you booked your date?

Yes I've booked it for the 11th April, I was lucky that when I went to book it , slots were available. I think you should keep checking the CS website everyday, they have to fix it soon
has anyone booked in for the EAC received the info pack and technical question? Mine is on Thurs and I haven't got the question yet, which you're supposed to get a week before. Emailed on Friday morn and they haven't answered, so I've lost the entire weekend at this point.
Reply 4
Original post by toddmcnugget
has anyone booked in for the EAC received the info pack and technical question? Mine is on Thurs and I haven't got the question yet, which you're supposed to get a week before. Emailed on Friday morn and they haven't answered, so I've lost the entire weekend at this point.

I think they are having a lot of admin problems. I just got an email today saying congratulations for being selected for an interview after initially getting this email like two weeks ago. Now my portal has all changed and it is just frustrating lol.
Original post by Emap123
I think they are having a lot of admin problems. I just got an email today saying congratulations for being selected for an interview after initially getting this email like two weeks ago. Now my portal has all changed and it is just frustrating lol.

Hey, the same thing happened to me yesterday too. I have emailed them, but no reply. I am making the assumption that it is an system error? How is revision going and how are you revising?
They have slots available!
Hi 👋🏾

How is everyone's revision going? I've gone through my first year notes but it's a bit hard to know what to focus on. Do you know if there are any more examples of the short answer questions than the one on the website?

Good luck for anyone with their assessment coming up soon!
Reply 8
Does anyone have any idea when we might expect to hear back? I had my EAC last week and am hoping we won’t have to wait until interviews conclude in June/July!

(Also: good luck to everyone!)
Original post by js_0418
Does anyone have any idea when we might expect to hear back? I had my EAC last week and am hoping we won’t have to wait until interviews conclude in June/July!

(Also: good luck to everyone!)

Hi, if you login to civil service jobs and then go to the advert for the job (on your application), you can see the dates.

It says "8th May 2023 to 26th May 2023 Successful candidates notified of outcome and assigned to a government department."

How did your assessment go?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
Original post by andyjoslin94
Hi, if you login to civil service jobs and then go to the advert for the job (on your application), you can see the dates.

It says "8th May 2023 to 26th May 2023 Successful candidates notified of outcome and assigned to a government department."

How did your assessment go?

Wonderful— thank you for pointing that out! Good luck to everyone, I suppose today is the first day we might hear back. I know they’re filling north of 200 positions, but I’m not sure how many of us interviewed. No idea what our odds might be!

My assessment went well, thank you… although I definitely should have chosen a different area of economics for the technical section. Oh well! How was yours?

(As a side note to those who have messaged me privately— evidently my TSR account is too new to allow me to reply to PMs yet.)
Reply 11
Has anyone emailed gesrrecruitment and gotten a response? I feel a bit in the dark about when to expect to hear the outcome of the assessment centre. I know it'll be between the 8th and the 26th, but that's quite a wide gap.
Original post by js_0418
Wonderful— thank you for pointing that out! Good luck to everyone, I suppose today is the first day we might hear back. I know they’re filling north of 200 positions, but I’m not sure how many of us interviewed. No idea what our odds might be!

My assessment went well, thank you… although I definitely should have chosen a different area of economics for the technical section. Oh well! How was yours?

(As a side note to those who have messaged me privately— evidently my TSR account is too new to allow me to reply to PMs yet.)

Hey!

Which area did you select and which would you go for if you had the opportunity?

Good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by Ojayc_31
Has anyone emailed gesrrecruitment and gotten a response? I feel a bit in the dark about when to expect to hear the outcome of the assessment centre. I know it'll be between the 8th and the 26th, but that's quite a wide gap.

Have you emailed them? If so please let us know if they reply
Reply 14
Original post by Hopeful999
Have you emailed them? If so please let us know if they reply

I emailed them yesterday but given the other posts on this thread, I'm not sure if I'll even get a reply.

I just don't want to be looking at my email every 2 minutes to see what the outcome is. Feels like I did the EAC ages ago.
Reply 15
Original post by charlotte916
Hey!

Which area did you select and which would you go for if you had the opportunity?

Good luck!

Hello— thank you!

I selected Labor Markets. It had been a while since I took a Labor Econ course, and in retrospect I should have chosen Cost-Benefit Analysis or something similar.

For those emailing… I messaged GES Recruitment about a month ago to ask when we might hear back, before I had seen the range of dates. They never got back to me. Hopefully someone else has better luck!
Reply 16
Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 17
Original post by rexdolly
Has anyone heard back yet?

Nope, don't think anyone's getting any luck with the emails as well.
Reply 18
Original post by Ojayc_31
Nope, don't think anyone's getting any luck with the emails as well.

I think we will hear back today
Reply 19
Original post by rexdolly
I think we will hear back today

Did they tell you that we would? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest