The Student Room Group

Police officer vetting

When I was 14, me and my friend got caught shoplifting from poundland. The police officer caught us. He told us to put the things back and we did. He then said he woudnt arrest us as it was like £5 worth. He didn't caution me. He just warned me. He took photo of me and my fingerprints. I gave him fake name and address.

Now I am 21, I have an offer from the forces but on the vetting it says to disclose cautions. I never been arrested or cautioned. Should I disclose my incident when I was 14?

How long can police keep my fingerprints? Can anyone help?
Original post by Khattakboy123
When I was 14, me and my friend got caught shoplifting from poundland. The police officer caught us. He told us to put the things back and we did. He then said he woudnt arrest us as it was like £5 worth. He didn't caution me. He just warned me. He took photo of me and my fingerprints. I gave him fake name and address.

Now I am 21, I have an offer from the forces but on the vetting it says to disclose cautions. I never been arrested or cautioned. Should I disclose my incident when I was 14?

(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, can I ask what the outcome of this was? I am currently waiting on my vetting coming back, thanks
Original post by Khattakboy123

As someone who works in the Police, yes you would have to disclose everything, regardless if they haven't led to a prosecution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending