Police officer vetting

Watch this thread
Khattakboy123
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
When I was 14, me and my friend got caught shoplifting from poundland. The police officer caught us. He told us to put the things back and we did. He then said he woudnt arrest us as it was like £5 worth. He didn't caution me. He just warned me. He took photo of me and my fingerprints. I gave him fake name and address.

Now I am 21, I have an offer from the forces but on the vetting it says to disclose cautions. I never been arrested or cautioned. Should I disclose my incident when I was 14?

How long can police keep my fingerprints? Can anyone help?
a.zain001
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Khattakboy123)
When I was 14, me and my friend got caught shoplifting from poundland. The police officer caught us. He told us to put the things back and we did. He then said he woudnt arrest us as it was like £5 worth. He didn't caution me. He just warned me. He took photo of me and my fingerprints. I gave him fake name and address.

Now I am 21, I have an offer from the forces but on the vetting it says to disclose cautions. I never been arrested or cautioned. Should I disclose my incident when I was 14?

How long can police keep my fingerprints? Can anyone help?
whats the most their going to do, you were 14 bro, if you have never actually been brought to a police station... allow it dont tell them nothing and get on with your career!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads