The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ask.

Aks is soooo annoying, I've only ever heard it said on TV though.
Just.... ASK:yep:
Reply 62
ah-sk
Bagration
Yeah, like, most of the UK isn't black, so...

So only black people say 'aks'? Last I knew it was only common and uneducated people who said it like that, and now you're telling me you have to be black in order to be common and uneducated, in order to use slang terms? Pathetic.

I like to a s k :smile:
Reply 64
ahrxe
Reply 65
i thought this was gonna be like
Ass-k
or
Arse-k

can't think of another way to write it other than that..
but yeah, ask, no aks. :smile:
Reply 66
hermaphrodite
you archs me what I mean by saying I have lost my tongue. I archs you, what would you do if
you had two tongues in your mouth, and lost the first one, the mother tongue, and could not really know the other, the foreign tongue

Is that an excerpt from a poem which was half written in Gujariti? It sounds familiar.

Yeah, okay, I'm a Londoner and I'm black, and even though I don't, a lot of us say axe instead of ask. But I don't give a **** because London is the best city in the world, so if it makes you feel better to laugh at our silly pronounciations go for it.

"omg lulz at all those black people who can't say ask hahsshfghkljhfshgahaha" It doesn't even surprise me to find slightly racist comments on TSR anymore.
Toffee_Kid
So only black people say 'aks'? Last I knew it was only common and uneducated people who said it like that, and now you're telling me you have to be black in order to be common and uneducated, in order to use slang terms?

Pathetic.

exactly, bagration you have to understand that black people in the UK are from different backgrounds so its impossible for every/just about every black person to pronounce it the same way.
Reply 68
arsek
Reply 69
Big Kabz
Do you say it ASK or AKS (like axe)

There are many people who don't say it right.

just get a poll up? :biggrin:

I say ass-k, lazy mongrels will say Axe.

Southerners will say arse-k
arsk
Reply 71
There's another debate we could come to

there are 2

ask v aks
arse k vs ass k

I'm a Londoner not American or from "Up North" so I say ARSE K
i pronounce it as arsk. my friends never let me live that down lol.

Ruth xx
Reply 73
Jay-Z even said in one of his songs (which Cassidy used in his song "I'm a Hustla)

"***** aks about me...I'm a hustler"
hamstein
yeh u sure u don't mean 'assk vs arsek' lol, i say arsek lol, only people in nottingham say assk

By "Nottingham", do you mean "northern England"?
madmofo
99% by a survey in the times

Not one of the black people I know use it.:nah:
Reply 77
fleur_de_haine
Not one of the black people I know use it.:nah:

i was just playing wit you, uffffffffffffffffffffff
Reply 78
coolhpwhip.
lol at axe :P

Latest

Trending