The Student Room Group

Marking error in my Scripts: Advise please

I received my A level History scripts back and quite frankly think it has been marked in an entirely incomprehensible way.
Without going into details i will not be asking for a review as i do not think i can justify the expense. (also have a grade A in this subject in different modules from 2022).
I am a mature student and sat as a private candidate, however there is something i think the exam board should be made aware of and i am not sure how to go about it.
One script has in 3 places a thick red mark covering in two cases a word and in another case a phrase.
I assume these are factual errors as in two of the cases they are indeed my errors and wrong.
However in the third case the thick red mark is through the name of an author who i attribute a quote to.
I have checked several sources and i am actually correct.
This hardly gives me confidence in the rest of the marking and i think the exam board should be made aware.
It could be a correct quote but is it relevant,, does it back up your argument etc. There are a variety of reasons that a correctly attributed quote could still be an issue.
Reply 2
Original post by CrimsonFlower
It could be a correct quote but is it relevant,, does it back up your argument etc. There are a variety of reasons that a correctly attributed quote could still be an issue.

In this case it is relevant as describing the opinion of a contemporary source at the time.
Basically you will have to take my word for it on its relevance, but i do not see how it could not be.
Also if the examiner felt the quote was not relevant it does not seem to make sense to put the thick red mark
through the name of the author only. (seemingly indicating i have the wrong author).
As i have said research by myself shows the quote and the author i attribute it to are correct.

Quick Reply

Latest