The Student Room Group

for a level religious studies OCR

do i need to remember dates and quotes?
how can i remember them if i have to?
Original post by alevelstudent090
do i need to remember dates and quotes?
how can i remember them if i have to?

You do need to remember some quotes as they count as scholarly views. You also need to remember who said the quote as well. I try to remember shorter quotes and the ideas put forward in longer ones so then you don't have to remember them word for word. You may want to try flashcards to remember quotes, and then use things like mindmaps and essay plans to practise the topics. Remembering dates is less important, but may still be useful if you want to get top knowledge marks.
Reply 2
Quotes are one way of getting AO1 marks. They are not essential though. You could get full AO1 marks just through remembering a lot of detail of the key scholars/arguments on the specification.

Remember you can only get AO1 marks for whatever is in the question. E.g if you are asked to evaluate Plato's theory of forms, you won't get any marks for putting in a quote from Aristotle. You would for a quote from Plato. However you could also get those AO1 marks just by remembering a lot of detail about Plato's world of forms.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending