The Student Room Group

Eyeshadow Advice For Dark Skin

Hello guys, it's my best friends birthday this weekend and she mentioned that she'd like to get into make up. I'm not that knowledgeable about it but I know that the gift sets probably aren't the best move.

I'd like to get her an eye shadow pallet but I'm super pale and she has dark skin so I don't know what kind of colour or formula would work best for her. If anyone has any recommendations, preferably ones I can get on Superdrug I'd be mega grateful.
One that I know is defo good is the first Jaclyn Hill and Morphe collaboration which has amazing colours which show up amazing. You can get it from Boots if that's an option for you, but I'm not sure if you can get it from Superdrug. It is a little on the pricey side (£39), but I've tried it myself and I love it. It's very good pigment-wise. Sleek palettes are really good for glitters on dark skin, but not really mattes, so keep that in mind if you end up buying those. I'm pretty sure I've seen sleek products in Superdrug but I may be wrong.
I hope this helps somehow. :smile:
Darker skinned people look amazing with bright colours. Maybe get her a gift voucher if you're not sure?
Original post by NikkiMD
One that I know is defo good is the first Jaclyn Hill and Morphe collaboration which has amazing colours which show up amazing. You can get it from Boots if that's an option for you, but I'm not sure if you can get it from Superdrug. It is a little on the pricey side (£39), but I've tried it myself and I love it. It's very good pigment-wise. Sleek palettes are really good for glitters on dark skin, but not really mattes, so keep that in mind if you end up buying those. I'm pretty sure I've seen sleek products in Superdrug but I may be wrong.
I hope this helps somehow. :smile:

Thats super helpful thank you :smile:
Yeah! Bright colors look great when it matches nicely with the outfits.
If you get a hard time deciding which eyeshadow color to apply, go for darker nude colors, it has meant to make you look fabulous without a second thought.

Quick Reply

Latest