The Student Room Group

Combinational Logic Devices

Can you guys help me with the following question?

A Hospital plans to build and develop a modern ward facility to improve their services. Each floor in the hospital consists of 10 patients ward, nurses room and doctors room.

To improve the nursing service, hospital management decided to install a switch inside every ward. Therefore patients can use this switch to alert the nursing staff whenever service is required. In response the patient will get a quick service.

You are recruited by the project team as an Electronic Engineer to develop this project using digital system and solve the problem. GH Project Engineer wants that when the switch is pressed in particular ward, that ward number should be displayed in nurse's room dash board. If no button is pressed, the display should remain off."

Task 1: Evaluate and describe the functional block diagram for above scenario. This should include and describe the Combinational Logic Devices that can be used in the design implementation.

Task 2: Design the Combinational and Logic Devices which used in block diagram in "Task 1" using universal gates and justify the function using computer simulation software's.

Task 3: Complete the digital circuits for above scenario using the Combinational Logic Devices which have chosen earlier and that should meet the Project Engineers Requirements.
Complete and justify the design using (MULTISIM/ORCAD)

Task 4: Based above fundamental study, select the most suitable and economical combinational logic device IC for given application. You must justify and describe the reasons for choosing the devices with digital characteristics.
Using selected digital IC's implement and demonstrate the complete circuit to your project engineer.

Task 5: Finally project engineer becomes more conscious with your design and he recognize the major design problem 'if more than one patient press the switch at the same time', what can be the solution for your design.
Discuss what changes you would need to make, to make your system support and give the solution for identified problem. You must evaluate the design of your improved system using a computer simulation.

I'll really appreciate any answers as I'm so clueless😢😭

Quick Reply

Latest