The Student Room Group

rate my a level options

biology, chemistry, maths and english lit
want to pursue medicine in future.
my logic was: bio chem maths is best
epq = boring
fourth a level in subject im passionate about = fun (i hope)
Original post by ismaelishere
epq = boring
should be fine for medicine
epq = boring
as long as you do bio and chem for med you should be completely fine. however, as a y13, 4 subjects is really a lot. only do it if you really feel up to it. i'd personally drop maths because its completely unnecessary and english lit would diversify your choices.
epq = boring
Hi @ismaelishere,

Your subject combinations are perfectly fine if you wish to pursue medicine in uni. I would like to agree with @eliaaaaa, as studying four a-levels can get extremely overwhelming and three subjects are just as sufficient.

I had a friend who is pursuing medicine in uni currently. But back in a-levels she dropped her fourth subject in A2, and spent the extra time securing her A*s and participated in volunteering and extra curriculars related to medicine and biology to add to her personal statement and CV to further demonstrate her interests to the field.

Ultimately the choice is yours, and regardless of what you do I'm sure you'll do exceptionally well.

Rooting for you!
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 4
i agree /w ur logic, thats basically how i chose my 4 alevels! just be aware of the workload......

Quick Reply

Latest