The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Chemistry Paper 2 H432/02 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cata03
Do you have a link to the chart you use by any chance?

Search OCR A A level organic synthesis and it should come up with a doc with all 3 charts plus a blank one
Please could someone explain the mark scheme, since I did nucleophillic substitution of a haloalkane to a alcohol first
Would I still be credited marks for this?
I attached my answer and the mark scheme.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Astudy
Please could someone explain the mark scheme, since I did nucleophillic substitution of a haloalkane to a alcohol first

I almost did that when I was doing that question! I'm not sure if that works because in compound A, the carbon chain has been extended and reflux of an alcohol will only replace the -OH with -OOH of the carboxyl group, so to extend the carbon chain, you need to add a nitrile group somehow.

is that what you meant? or were you just asking if you would still get marks for the first part?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Astudy

i made the same mistake in my mock and got 0/6, you have to notice the extra C which means you need a reaction to extend the C chain first
Original post by simxne_
I almost did that when I was doing that question! I'm not sure if that works because in compound A, the carbon chain has been extended and reflux of an alcohol will only replace the -OH with -OOH of the carboxyl group, so to extend the carbon chain, you need to add a nitrile group somehow.

is that what you meant? or were you just asking if you would still get marks for the first part?

yes that's what I meant, thank you!
thank you, I didn't even notice there was an extra C!
Original post by aliaa03
i made the same mistake in my mock and got 0/6, you have to notice the extra C which means you need a reaction to extend the C chain first
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by othello03
neither but I think I need like at least 70 on this paper to get the marks up 😔😭

make that 80 lol, I counted wrong 💀

How are you gonna prepare for that paper other than memorising synthetic routes. I'm in a similar situation as you cos I flopped paper 1 💀
Original post by dawud.48
How are you gonna prepare for that paper other than memorising synthetic routes. I'm in a similar situation as you cos I flopped paper 1 💀

I literally don't know, the plan is to get home from biology tomorrow at about 12:30, nap until 1:30, eat/chill until 2, and then devote the entire rest of my weekend to chemistry.

to be fair most of this is exam is synthetic routes/mechanisms and stuff. I might try and focus not the recall little content tomorrow, then spend Saturday and Sunday doing every PMT question there is
I literally don't know, the plan is to get home from biology tomorrow at about 12:30, nap until 1:30, eat/chill until 2, and then devote the entire rest of my weekend to chemistry.

to be fair most of this is exam is synthetic routes/mechanisms and stuff. I might try and focus not the recall little content tomorrow, then spend Saturday and Sunday doing every PMT question there is

dont forget your functional group tests

phenol : no reaction with Na2Co3 = positive
alkenes : decolourise bromine water
haloalkanes : AgNo3 (white, cream or yellow precipitate)
carbonyl : bradys reagent , if orange then tollens regent (silver = aldehyde, not silver = ketone)
(edited 1 year ago)
anyone got the primrose kitten paper for ocr a organic paper 2? thanks
are you all revising the paper 3 content now too?

for most of my exams so far I've been revising for one at a time, but this next week is so busy I might not have much time for paper 3, and a good amount of it's the same as paper 2 (and paper 1).

only things that aren't on paper 2 that I can tell is electrode potentials and redox, lattice enthalpy, acids bases and buffers, synthetic routes and equilibrium, half of which we covered in paper 1 too.
are you all revising the paper 3 content now too?

for most of my exams so far I've been revising for one at a time, but this next week is so busy I might not have much time for paper 3, and a good amount of it's the same as paper 2 (and paper 1).

only things that aren't on paper 2 that I can tell is electrode potentials and redox, lattice enthalpy, acids bases and buffers, synthetic routes and equilibrium, half of which we covered in paper 1 too.

yh next week is so busy i have an exam everyday except wednesday
Original post by lol2468

woah that's rough do you take bio chem and maths?
Original post by lol2468

Same
Original post by DeeDee2055
Same

Original post by lol2468

same, who's idea was it to put 3 stem paper 3s in one week 🙃 knowing that many students will likely be taking all 3 subjects,

and 2 chemistry papers 3 days apart what is that about.
Original post by lol2468

same :colonhash:
i wanna cry everytime i think abt it
Original post by cata03
woah that's rough do you take bio chem and maths?

bio chem and german lol ik before you ask im not german im just weird
Original post by zenny1234
anyone got the primrose kitten paper for ocr a organic paper 2? thanks

here u go
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending