The Student Room Group

Physics

Hiya,

Recently I have been struggling with physics and was wondering if anyone could help me? Were there books that helped you through the GCSE course? What revision methods did you find helped or are helping with physics?

Thank You

Alex
Hi Alex,
I have a CGP physics text book and I read over the information and summarise or simplify the info via bullet points and then I memorise the points I made. After I memorise everything and am sure that I have solidified my knowledge on a certain topic, I make a mind map on it, spilling down all my knowledge onto paper - you don't have to make the mind map neat or anything, mine are messy rough notes, because as long as you can understand what you have written down, that's what's important.

You can also go onto this website called 'physics and maths tutor' and it has help and mind maps that summarise points and key topics, which is very helpful. Physics and maths tutor also has exam questions with mark schemes on topics so you can practise how to answer exam-style questions and how to answer certain questions to get top marks by checking out the mark scheme and seeing the valid points needed to get full marks. PRACTISING EXAM STYLE QUESTIONS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!

Anyways, I hope this helps and good luck in you physics revision :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Remooogh
Hi Alex,
I have a CGP physics text book and I read over the information and summarise or simplify the info via bullet points and then I memorise the points I made. After I memorise everything and am sure that I have solidified my knowledge on a certain topic, I make a mind map on it, spilling down all my knowledge onto paper - you don't have to make the mind map neat or anything, mine are messy rough notes, because as long as you can understand what you have written down, that's what's important.

You can also go onto this website called 'physics and maths tutor' and it has help and mind maps that summarise points and key topics, which is very helpful. Physics and maths tutor also has exam questions with mark schemes on topics so you can practise how to answer exam-style questions and how to answer certain questions to get top marks by checking out the mark scheme and seeing the valid points needed to get full marks. PRACTISING EXAM STYLE QUESTIONS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!

Anyways, I hope this helps and good luck in you physics revision :smile:

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest