The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akaaa
Kings said they will continue giving interviews based on the average interview score of the cohort. So if the people interviewed have low scores overall, then ig they’ll send out more invitations but if not then they won’t.

I messaged them, this is true. They said as the performance of their February batch did not meet the quota therefore they will continue giving more interviews. Good luck everyone still waiting
outta curiosity (because i’m still trying to decide which offer to accept), would y'all choose kings emdp over cardiff/manchester standard entry if you had the option
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by kclmedic2004
I messaged them, this is true. They said as the performance of their February batch did not meet the quota therefore they will continue giving more interviews. Good luck everyone still waiting

im still waiting aswell! what are ur stats if u dont mind me asking x
Original post by dxnixl
outta curiosity (because i’m still trying to decide which offer to accept), would y'all choose kings emdp over cardiff/manchester standard entry if you had the option

I wouldn’t. Purely on the basis of 5 years vs 6 I would go for Cardiff or manny. Also it’s v expensive to live in London so another point there. But all the best with choosing where you go! Well done on getting to that point 👍🏻
Original post by Pingoo123
I wouldn’t. Purely on the basis of 5 years vs 6 I would go for Cardiff or manny. Also it’s v expensive to live in London so another point there. But all the best with choosing where you go! Well done on getting to that point 👍🏻

I second that. Another 9.3k + your thousands you’ll spend over that year. All for the exact same degree. Plus you can’t anyway since your firm has to be higher grades than your insurance. And I take it manchester and Cardiff will be AAA.
Original post by larissaberry
I second that. Another 9.3k + your thousands you’ll spend over that year. All for the exact same degree. Plus you can’t anyway since your firm has to be higher grades than your insurance. And I take it manchester and Cardiff will be AAA.

trueee n also i have achieved grades so i don’t get to choose firm/insurance 😭 It’ll be another ~20 grand in debt but london would be fun so i’m thinking kcl 😍😭
Any year 13s recieved offers?
Original post by dxnixl
trueee n also i have achieved grades so i don’t get to choose firm/insurance 😭 It’ll be another ~20 grand in debt but london would be fun so i’m thinking kcl 😍😭

Won’t be fun when you can’t afford food or heating tho 😭 I get where you’re coming from tho, I really do. London is glazed in honey for me too
Original post by dxnixl

Personally, Kings because I’ve lived in London my whole life so location wise I’d rather stay here.

Then thinking about the course itself, I like how there’s a lot of self study at kings and of course the full body dissection.

But then it’s one less yr at Cardiff/Man so that might be a plus ig.

Overall, just remember you’ll be staying there for the next 5/6yrs. You want the course u prefer, in the location u prefer and, with the university that you feel will support you :smile:
Original post by akaaa
Personally, Kings because I’ve lived in London my whole life so location wise I’d rather stay here.

Then thinking about the course itself, I like how there’s a lot of self study at kings and of course the full body dissection.

But then it’s one less yr at Cardiff/Man so that might be a plus ig.

Overall, just remember you’ll be staying there for the next 5/6yrs. You want the course u prefer, in the location u prefer and, with the university that you feel will support you :smile:

Yess I prefer the integrated course structure at KCL too and I think it would be way more relaxed as the 1st year is split into 2. I think I'll firm Kings, thankyou!! :smile:
Mate, I was in that group interviews. Kings was my only interview.
Now what?!
Original post by FaithfulyHopeful
Mate, I was in that group interviews. Kings was my only interview.
Now what?!

Be grateful. Some of us don’t even have interviews yet

Hey hey, everyone has different goals

This mentality sucks - and is toxic. people have a right to complain and their concerns shouldnt be dismissed because some people have it worse.
Original post by Upbeat8392
This mentality sucks - and is toxic. people have a right to complain and their concerns shouldnt be dismissed because some people have it worse.

Harry and Megan
Hey guys I have 2 med offers, one for EMDP and the other for a standard med course. I live in London and on a gap year with achieved alevels. Is it wise to pick EMDP and do an extra year?, will I be treated differently?, in regards to the cost I believe student finance covers only 4 years anyway so the rest will be by the nhs bursary anyway.
Original post by Chris lamber
Hey guys I have 2 med offers, one for EMDP and the other for a standard med course. I live in London and on a gap year with achieved alevels. Is it wise to pick EMDP and do an extra year?, will I be treated differently?, in regards to the cost I believe student finance covers only 4 years anyway so the rest will be by the nhs bursary anyway.

I would pick the standard so you can become doctor earlier (5 years > 6 years) and you are already on gap year so why delay the age you become a doctor even more?? Personally I would try not to stray too far from normalcy.

It’s also more prestigious to do a standard A100 course so I encourage you to do this and more of your student loans will be covered unlike for emdp where you will have to independently pay for expenses in the extra year which nhs do not cover. Thanks
Guys who have got an offer ...do you feel like you answered all of the questions really well or were there 1 or 2 you feel like you could have done better ? Bcs I feel like that :frown:
I would pick the standard so you can become doctor earlier (5 years > 6 years) and you are already on gap year so why delay the age you become a doctor even more?? Personally I would try not to stray too far from normalcy.

It’s also more prestigious to do a standard A100 course so I encourage you to do this and more of your student loans will be covered unlike for emdp where you will have to independently pay for expenses in the extra year which nhs do not cover. Thanks

why is the emdp considered less prestigious, don't you get the same degree at the end? also, i think your wrong about the funding as the nhs pays for both the 5th and 6th year. But i do get that it is a extra year, which is my main concern
Original post by Chris lamber
why is the emdp considered less prestigious, don't you get the same degree at the end? also, i think your wrong about the funding as the nhs pays for both the 5th and 6th year. But i do get that it is a extra year, which is my main concern

Hey i’m in the same position as you. I took 2 gap years and now i’ve gotta choose between the EMDP and a100 at Cardiff. I’ve decided to go with the EMDP, because although there’s an extra year, it’ll make the transition to studying from a gap year way easier (less workload) and there’ll be a lot of time to hang out with friends + you’ll be in london :smile: I also prefer integrated to CBL so 🤷

(Also you do get the same degree at the end, and you’re with the normal A100 cohort from year 3 onwards so it really doesn’t matter, and you’re still at the same ‘prestigious’ uni)
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending