Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
imoneofthem
The DMU Accomodation Application Page
ONLY USE WITH INTERNET EXPLORER, NOT FIREFOX/SAFARI/CHROME/etc
https://studenthousing.dmu.ac.uk/

tried with both FF and IE no luck still. ill try again now though and see if theres any change
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 221
Omg Its Working Gogogo
Reply 222
ensuite standard, semi delux and delux.. whats the diff?
Reply 223
OK submitted my accomodation :biggrin:
Im trying to get either nerwark point or victoria halls. ma mate who goes ther said they they best ones to go for.

all bout the mixed sex flats.
Reply 224
na it didnt work but now it did :biggrin: just gta wait for confirmation email and letter and then see what i get :biggrin:
Barz
na it didnt work but now it did :biggrin: just gta wait for confirmation email and letter and then see what i get :biggrin:

Good luck with your application, now you're in the waiting line with the rest of us who've applied for accommodation.
Reply 226
:P the race is on ha. well it all depends on whos applied for where but still.. your all my accomodation enemies:fight:
Reply 227
Hey guys, I just finished my first year at DMU (results are uploaded on Monday, I am ridiculously nervous haha) and so I feel kind of obliged to fly the DMU flag.

So if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. :smile:

I study Media Production by the way.
'
[ceman']So if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. :smile:

Hi there ][ceman!
By any chance has anyone at DMU set up a MFL (Modern Foreign Language) society, I'm fully aware as well that DMU does not offer Bachelor degrees in languages.
Reply 229
Yes, a modern languages society would be a good idea.

By the way, Leicester offers courses in several languages. There are discounts for DMU students and some of the classes are held on DMU's campus..

for more info.. http://www.le.ac.uk/ml/lal/
Barz
OK submitted my accomodation :biggrin:
Im trying to get either nerwark point or victoria halls. ma mate who goes ther said they they best ones to go for.

all bout the mixed sex flats.

Hi

What do you mean mixed sex flats?

I thought they were all mixed sex?
maviesk
Yes, a modern languages society would be a good idea.

By the way, Leicester offers courses in several languages. There are discounts for DMU students and some of the classes are held on DMU's campus..

for more info.. http://www.le.ac.uk/ml/lal/

You are a wonderful person for sharing this information with me :smile:

Thank you very much!
Reply 232
ras90
Hi

What do you mean mixed sex flats?

I thought they were all mixed sex?

well on the form you have a choice of single sex flats, mixed sex flats, and two others
Reply 233
Yusuf.T
haha i was gonna go newarke point but its TOO expensive , you gotta pay like 1000 something up front on arrival on top of the deposit or something.. its too pricey!!

this was from like page 4 of this thread. is this true? i havent seen that you gota pay that much anywhere on the DMU website

Newarke Point
Booking/damage deposit £250
Energy all inclusive

thats all i could find about paying for the room. can someone link me to the payments for the accomodation?
Reply 234
Barz
this was from like page 4 of this thread. is this true? i havent seen that you gota pay that much anywhere on the DMU website

Newarke Point
Booking/damage deposit £250
Energy all inclusive

thats all i could find about paying for the room. can someone link me to the payments for the accomodation?

I think for all accommodation that isnt on a DMU contract (all the non-ensuite ones)... you have to pay around £1000 before you even get to DMU, some even in August. So you won't have had your student loan, I don't think. For instance for Newarke Point you have to pay £1257.32 "Prior to arrival".
I don't think you have to pay out your own pocket. I rang Student Finance and they said we get 'some' money to cover things like that before we start.
Reply 236
**CutiePie**
I don't think you have to pay out your own pocket. I rang Student Finance and they said we get 'some' money to cover things like that before we start.

yeah i would have thought that too cos that should come out of the maintenance loan when you apply for the student loan. lets hope i get eough from the student loan and have enough of my own money saved up to go a nd live in newark point (if i get a place ofcourse)
Reply 237
DMU freshers :awesome:
Reply 238
**CutiePie**

Which department did you speak to and how would we get this money before :s-smilie:
Reply 239
[QUOTE="QwentyJ"]I'd do it mate. Anything to get a taste of what's to come before you jump in is highly recommended.

I went into Leicester Uni via clearing and found out that they had an Open Day a week before I was due to join! I'd not seen the Uni before that. Had I not gone that day, I would have been up s**t creek without a paddle.[/QUOTE

Wht happened?

Latest

Trending

Trending