The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Be 'very-dissapointed-worse-than-angry'
i would beat seven bells of **** out of them, and have them prosecuted for it..

that'll teach the little **** for pinchin' off me
Promesse
My cousin did it, she got grounded for a week.

:eek: that's it? I don't think my parents would ever let me see the light of day again.
Make them take all the stuff back, then suspend all christmases and birthdays until the value of the spending is made up.

So if they normally get £100 for christmas, and they spent £1000, that means no christmas presents for 10 years.
Reply 24
i'd do what my auntie did to my cousin,

pawned his bike and xbox to reclaim the money he spent, gave him the slip and told him if he wanted the stuff back he would have to find the money within a week otherwise the pawn shop would sell it.

he didn't find it

he was very sorry
Can you give us the amount?
i cant believe she only got grounded for a week! my parents would have killed me. whos to say they wont do it again with such a light punishment. did they get to keep the stuff?

I think if i was the parent i would take everything back and make the child get a job to pay off the cost.
I guess I'd just say "What did I do wrong to bring you up to think that was acceptable? :frown:".

Then pretend to be sad and not want to talk to them for a couple of days. Then just make a joke saying something like "Oh can you nip to the shop and get me some milk, you know my pin number right :p:?"

All would be forgiven, as long as the lesson was learnt.
Jabbamuffin
I guess I'd just say "What did I do wrong to bring you up to think that was acceptable? :frown:".

Then pretend to be sad and not want to talk to them for a couple of days. Then just make a joke saying something like "Oh can you nip to the shop and get me some milk, you know my pin number right :p:?"

All would be forgiven, as long as the lesson was learnt.

so you would sulk then ignore the problem?
cowsgoquack
so you would sulk then ignore the problem?

I would do exactly what I said I'd do.
thats what i feared
What did your cousin buy? Educational board games and a copy of the Encyc. Britannica?
Reply 32
Look at them and say "somebody gonna get a hurt real bad".
Reply 33
Promesse

Thats some weak parenting.

Infact I'm not suprised your cousin did that with slack parenting like that.
Didn't this happen sometime last year? Some guy used his dads credit card and bought thousands of pounds worth of stuff? Tried to find an article but I can't!
The accused would be sent to Sunday school. Mwahahahaha!
Reply 36
i would call the police, and make them pay every penny back, even if it meant working everyday after college- but my kids wouldn't have my pin for starters
She bought clothes, accessories etc and spent a about £300.
Reply 38
I'd be ******* furious tbh. But then again, I'd probably think there was a problem with me for having raised a child that could go behind my back like that. You'd have to be pretty low and not give a crap about your parents to do something like that :s-smilie:
Promesse

Haha ok then, wow thats really quite lenient of her parents!!

If i'd have done that i think i would be dead by now lol

Latest

Trending

Trending