The Student Room Group

aqa physics triple 2022

i think i might make a complaint about the paper i just sat, im usually not that person but i was genuinely feeling so upset and uneasy after seeing questions they said weren't going to come up.
is it worth making a complaint about? :frown:

edit : i didnt make a complaint lol but glad i didnt, aqa admitted to a mistake
https://www.aqa.org.uk/news/an-update-on-gcse-physics-higher-tier-paper-1
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jennaa21
i think i might make a complaint about the paper i just sat, im usually not that person but i was genuinely feeling so upset and uneasy after seeing questions they said weren't going to come up.

I'd say that it's unlikely you making a complaint will affect how they deal with the situation too much (they will likely consult teachers, examiners etc. as to whether they think the advanced information made it unfair). But, just should definitely do it if you feel it will help you feel better about it and move on to the next one. I know its frustrating though (I did the exam), having a whole 10-ish mark question about something that was stated as not to be assessed in the advanced information. I don't really get how they managed that, but anyway!
Reply 2
Please don't. That paper was beautiful
Original post by Oongie
Please don't. That paper was beautiful

thats good for you, dont belittle how im feeling though
Reply 4
dont belittle how im feeling though

That's not my intention. I just don't want them to do anything to the paper we have just sat
Original post by Oongie
That's not my intention. I just don't want them to do anything to the paper we have just sat

well i doubt they will but okay
Reply 6
well i doubt they will but okay

good luck in english tomorrow
Reply 7

Please dont that test was great
Original post by Oongie
good luck in english tomorrow

thanks you too
Original post by Jinxxx
Please dont that test was great

im not but loads of other people are anyways
Right soIf we look at the advanced info, we can see a clear ****up from aqa. They mixed up the higher and foundation info. Personally i wasn't affected that badly but ive still put in a complaint because thats just not on
Original post by Aqa hate page
Right soIf we look at the advanced info, we can see a clear ****up from aqa. They mixed up the higher and foundation info. Personally i wasn't affected that badly but ive still put in a complaint because thats just not on

yep exactly tbh im not gonna make a complaint cus apparently theres a chance theyll contact my school for more info and i dont want that to happen but im fuming with the paper that we recieved.
Everyone will be in the same situation here so, in theory, no-one will be unduly affected.

AQA will have two possible responses based on past behaviour
1. They may discount this question completely i.e. give everyone full marks for this question automatically. This is their standard response when papers have been leaked
2. They may say that, as everyone had the same, incorrect information, no changes to marking will be necessary.

Any decision will not usually be known until the results day though if this error gets traction in the media, AQA may be forced into making a statement sooner.

Complaints from the school as a whole would be more effective than anything done by an individual
AQA have now confirmed to schools that all students will get full marks for that question
Original post by scienceguy2000
aqa have now confirmed to schools that all students will get full marks for that question

what say swear
Original post by ScienceGuy2000
AQA have now confirmed to schools that all students will get full marks for that question

Do you have proof of this?
Here is the text of the letter I received

For the attention of the Head of Centre, science teachers and the Exams Officer

Dear colleague

I wanted to update you on an issue with the advance information for one of our exam papers and tell you what we’re doing about it.

The final question on our GCSE Physics (8463) Higher Tier Paper 1 on Thursday 9 June 2022 was about energy transfers and circuits.

Energy transfers were listed in the advance information as being assessed but circuits were unfortunately listed as not being assessed.

To make sure students aren’t disadvantaged, we’ll be awarding everyone full marks for all parts of the question, which were worth a total of 9 marks.

We’re really sorry this has happened, and we’re looking at why our checks didn’t pick this up. We’re also doing continued extra checks on the advance information and question papers for future exams.

If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, please get in touch with our customer support team.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support this summer.

Kind regards

Tracey Newman
Director of Customer and Sales
im trying to find the update on the website but i cant, could someone send me a link?
thanks HEART SHAPED BOX

Quick Reply

Latest