The Student Room Group

mechanics lamina question....

I'll file the attachment below..
for the 6c.. I know that the squares should be removed symmetrically from points around the point 69/13(this is also what the ms said).. which means the distance between a and 69/13 and 69/13 and 5 should be equal.. as the x coordinate 69/13 should be the midpoint.. and so i got 73/13, by considering both symmetry and using the area method with considering centre of mass of each square (don't know what the method is called).... but regardless, the answer was still wrong. According to the ms its 107/26 =a
how even?? :eek:
(edited 1 year ago)
Can you upload the ms pls?

Edit. Thought it looked familiar
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=86867536&highlight=lamina%20com
Father Ted would probably say the question/soln is fecked.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mqb2766

this the ms..
Original post by mqb2766

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=86867536&highlight=lamina%20com

KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS QUESTION, the answer doesn't make any sense, the question too. :colonhash:
Original post by Abraham_Otaku
KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS QUESTION, the answer doesn't make any sense, the question too. :colonhash:

Yeah, the com doesnt move (x or y) some of the overlaps are dodgy, ... From memory there is too much wrong with it to have a sensible guess at what the correct question/solution should be.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mqb2766

Gave my covid lungs a good thrashing with that father Ted reference :rofl:
Original post by mqb2766
Yeah, the com doesnt move (x or y) some of the overlaps are dodgy, ... From memory there is too much wrong with it to have a sensible guess at what the correct question/solution should be.

pearson better do something about these messed up questions and their answers Istg :colonhash:
Original post by Callicious
Gave my covid lungs a good thrashing with that father Ted reference :rofl:

Sounds like you need some
Original post by mqb2766
Sounds like you need some

My mom (gave me it) recommended whiskey as a cure. Worst advice I've ever gotten
Original post by Callicious
My mom (gave me it) recommended whiskey as a cure. Worst advice I've ever gotten

Probably better than

Tough choice - get drunk or insert a uv light "inside the body". Choose wisely.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mqb2766
Probably better than

Tough choice - get drunk or insert a uv light "inside the body". Choose wisely.

Some people voluntarily insert all sorts of things (much worse than UV lights) so be careful what you wish for :rofl:

That saffron-frosted doughnut suggesting the consumption of disinfectant was my highlight of that year. The fact people did it too... Darwinian processes in motion.

Quick Reply

Latest